SHOW & SHINE DISCUSSION Appearance | Detailing | Wheels | Truck of the Month
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Racing seats

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 09:01 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 378 Likes on 257 Posts

This thread has convinced me to go with racing seats in my white truck, just have to decided which ones....

im about 6' but dont like how low the stock seats are, so I would actually like to sit a littler higher. Ive been looking at the scat sportsman seats since they seem pretty wide, I have a 48" chest, 53" shoulders, and 36" waist so I am bit broader than most.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:27 PM
9 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw these seats on Farmtruc and liked how big they were. I'm 250 lbs and fit comfortably in these.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fastnblu
Like blown02408 said, what did you do about the air bags? I thought I've read of issues some on PT had when u remove pass. seat about air bag light stayin on or somethin like that. Cause as Lee said, IIRC, my airbag sensors are tied into the seat. I could be wrong, but I don't wanna go to dealer to have a Tech2 & tell them I needed seat out to go to track. Then I'm in my local GM dealer's files as a guy who beats on his ****. Imay be exagerrating a tad, but u get the point. I don't wanna show up on radar.
Point being, I really wanted to remove pass. seat for track only, then swap back in at home after track. With no issues.
Take the seat out, put it back in when you want.

The truck constantly scans the airbag system so as soon as you put the seat back in and plug it in, the airbag light will go out.

Originally Posted by fastnblu
Ya, I didn't know if bag would go off on me if I remove the seat orthe bag light or both. I really would like to see how much weight it'd shave for track runs tho.
I wouldn't want it to deploy even tho I'm unsure if it would, altho yes, it's my DD. And certainly not while I was wrenching on it. I think that fear factor keeps people outta the steering wheel too. 'Cept thieves, they figured it out, altho a few mighta got blasted when foolin w/. steering wheels.
The airbags arent going to deploy because you removed the seat. My guess is if you got into an accident they might not deploy at all.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KDavis04ss
How much lower is the seat height with those over regular buckets? im 6'3 so I think I could still see over the dash but I dont like the feeling of sitting on the floor. ...
Originally Posted by tarinitup
Its about 5 inches lower than stock so the blocks made it just right for me.
Ya, sittin on the floor doesn't work for me either. 5" - here I thought headroom would be an issue, but it's the other way around. At 6'2" I need my room but I'm not heavy. For those gettin racing buckets, be sure you're done growin cause some w/. aggressive side bolsters that u fit down into aren't comfy if u put on a few lbs. I found this out when I was probably 10-20# lighter. Lately, I find myself eating alot.

It becomes more important when the seats cost more & more, so you're not out the cash after your or my (wider) butt doesn't fit. I want some comfy, not uncomfortable plastic seats. Nice bolstering for corners, light, & adjust for when I need to move them back & forth for comfort or to get behind them.

Originally Posted by 1989k1500
Take the seat out, put it back in when you want.

The truck constantly scans the airbag system so as soon as you put the seat back in and plug it in, the airbag light will go out.

The airbags arent going to deploy because you removed the seat. My guess is if you got into an accident they might not deploy at all.
That'd be an issue only in an accident. While they might not deploy if I removed em for ETs, bag light would drive me batty. I don't even like a light on dash if I know there's no real concern, as in unrelated to the airbag. Then it comes down to a Tech2 to clear from history if that's the case.