Review: Griot's Car Wash

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 05:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Review: Griot's Car Wash

Product: Griot's Car Wash

Price: $*.** (16 oz.)

Manufacturer's Claim: "With our Car Wash, the first thing you'll notice is how slippery it acts between your wash mitt and the paint. This is an important characteristic of our Car Wash and contributes to its ability to lift away contaminants while protecting the finish during your washing therapy. Many of the mild scratching you see in your finish is from aggressive washing. The dirt acts like sand paper, scratching the finish while you're rubbing the surface of your vehicle. Be gentle while washing, and frequently rinse out your mitt or brush during the cleaning process. Car Wash is gentle on your wax, yet removes more dirt and road grime than any car wash I've tested. Safe for all paints. We've added a unique measuring scale right on the label and an easy pour spout to reduce waste."

Usage: I experimented with a few different ratios and settled on roughly 1 oz. per 1.5 gallons of water, and all testing was done in conjunction with a Eurow Sheepskin mitt.

Overall Thoughts and Notes: This is a very nice and versatile soap. It ranks in the top 2 of my favorite soaps. The level of cleaning ability can be tailored to the specific application. It provides a great deal of lubrication, rinses well, and leaves a slightly "enhanced" appearance when done washing. It has very nice foaming action and a pleasant scent. The bottle pours well and the measurements on the side are a fantastic addition.

Complaints: This soap can be a little tough on the wax/sealant if mixed too strong.

Availability: griotsgarage.com and various Griot's distributors.

Last edited by JSmith; 12-11-2006 at 11:16 PM. Reason: Non sponsor link and pricing.
Old 12-11-2006, 05:45 PM
TECH Junkie

So if this is the number 2 soap whats the number one soap?
Old 12-11-2006, 09:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice review. Whats the other car wash on your list? I've only really used two car washes so far, Meguiars gold class and NXT. Currently I use NXT and I'm pretty happy with it. Doesnt hurt that I can get 64oz locally for $6..... Do you feel that a premium wash like Griot's offers enough of an advantage in terms of lubricity, cleaning power, and/or gloss to justify the extra exspense?
Old 12-11-2006, 10:33 PM
TECH Addict

I would probably say it's actually tied for first with Zaino Z7. It just depends what mood I'm in when I reach for one or the other.