SHOW & SHINE DISCUSSION Appearance | Detailing | Wheels | Truck of the Month
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roll Pan Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2004, 10:05 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Scream has a flush lid but I think I remember him saying they dont make them anymore...a quick search pulled these up though :

http://www.stylinconcepts.com/parts....y_word/tonneau
Old 10-05-2004, 11:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Do you want soft cover or hard cover? Does it matter?

What I have found is that they are now calling some (if not all) of these low profile, slim top covers "flush", when they are really not. Although, that Fastback II from the link above does seem to be a true flush fit. Here is a good picture of it: (please excuse the fact it's not a GM truck)
http://photos.truckmoxie.com/images/m/1173/17775.jpg
Old 10-06-2004, 12:09 AM
Staging Lane

Heres the only pic I could find of my Custom Classic on the web since photobucket is down, and I'm not home and feel to lazy to go on my laptop and upload pictures

edit: resized pic. to 800x600 maximum limit
Old 10-06-2004, 02:34 AM
13 Second Truck Club

Location: Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de la Porciúncula
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey yoskater what shop is that and how much did you pay to have everything shaved and welded?
Old 10-06-2004, 07:31 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by snakeoiler
Do you want soft cover or hard cover? Does it matter?

What I have found is that they are now calling some (if not all) of these low profile, slim top covers "flush", when they are really not. Although, that Fastback II from the link above does seem to be a true flush fit. Here is a good picture of it: (please excuse the fact it's not a GM truck)
http://photos.truckmoxie.com/images/m/1173/17775.jpg

I really want a hard cover, but the good ones are way to expensive. The Fastback II lookes awesome for the price. Thanks a lot for the better picture. I was having a fit looking at those small ones at stylinconcepts. Do you think this is a good bed cover? Does anyone know anybody that has one of these?
Old 10-06-2004, 02:02 PM
Staging Lane

I personally don't like those bed covers.. Chingon, I got it done at Service Autobody in Canoga park... on Sherman Way and Eton.. across from VILLARTA!!

I really don't remember how much it was, cause I got my whole truck repainted, and the owner is my friends dad.. I want to say $800...? Dunno though.
Old 10-06-2004, 09:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Brittani
I really want a hard cover, but the good ones are way to expensive. Do you think this is a good bed cover? Does anyone know anybody that has one of these?
I have no idea if this is a good cover or not, nor do I know anyone else with one. Sorry.

I have the *******'s X2000 and I would recommend that one to anyone looking for a hard cover - if you can afford the price.
Old 10-06-2004, 09:53 PM
TOTM: January 2007

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I have Sir Michaels and I think it is great. Fit was good and I think it was like 180. If you go steel, I would weld it for a smooth look. More money, but cleaner look than bolt on
Old 10-06-2004, 10:18 PM
On The Tree

I have to take the cheap route cause i'm a dirt poor college student. Me and my dad are gonna do all the sanding and painting on whatever i end up buying.
Old 10-06-2004, 11:35 PM
TECH Veteran

[QUOTE=Brittani]i'm a dirt poor college student.QUOTE]

That's hot! I'm a broke *** college student too.

I bought my roll pan/hidden hitch/light/flip down bracket/tire relocator from AIM in phoenix. I know most people have had trouble with them, but I didn't. It was about $350shipped for all that stuff, but the roll pan was only $100. It looks just like all the other pics, stamped steel and all. It fit very well and no complaints!

My old 94' had a urethane roll pan and it fit VERY well. I owned the truck for 3 years and within the last 6 months the paint started to peel at the bottom edge. I should've gone steel.

As for the flush tonneau covers, I assume you mean the ones that fit betweed the bed rails. A friend of mine's dad had one on his OBS and it warped like a ****. When he went to shows he would prop it up inside with one of those door chin-up bar things, so it looked descent. I would stay away from them, because they tend to leak too. I know there's an aluminum one out there, that's supposedly stronger and more resistant to warping. Hope that helps!

Quick Reply: Roll Pan Question