Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roll Pans...

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2005, 04:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Roll Pans...

Need opinions on roll pans. I just " de-badged" the tailgate on my 05 Silvy and now it realllllly wants a roll pan. My question is... Fiberglass or Steel, and why? Also..what company is good to work with? Thanx.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:36 PM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

i dont have a rollpan but did alot of lookin around. steel because its stronger. sir mikes is a popular pan.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:42 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Another vote for Sir Michael's. If I didn't have to hack up my frame, and lose my spare to have a hitch, I'd have one on my Avalanche right now.
Old 09-06-2005, 05:39 PM
Staging Lane

Check out http://www.customclassic.com rollpans....they sell very well made pans and have great customer service.....the sir mikes pans come rough and unfisnished....CC pans come finished in primer.
Old 09-06-2005, 09:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

This shouldn't be a hijack because his question got answered and I'd rather add in than make a new thread.

Will the Silverado/Sierra rollpans also work on Yukons? The bumper looks just the same but I haven't seen a rollpan for a Yukon specifically. I know there has to be one because I've seen a black Yukon with a pan so ... lemme know.
Old 09-06-2005, 10:15 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SmokeySS
This shouldn't be a hijack because his question got answered and I'd rather add in than make a new thread.

Will the Silverado/Sierra rollpans also work on Yukons? The bumper looks just the same but I haven't seen a rollpan for a Yukon specifically. I know there has to be one because I've seen a black Yukon with a pan so ... lemme know.
If you go to Sir Michael's site you will see that the roll pans are different. For a Yukon/Tahoe/Avalanche/etc. you have to hack off the frame ends and do some welding. I'm pretty sure a Silverado roll pan will not work.
Old 09-07-2005, 07:03 AM
TECH Addict

i got a sir michaels on mine and i love it. it came unfinished but it was not rough at all. i welded mine in though. if i had the choice to do it again i would prob. bolt it in cause i want a bumper back now.
Old 09-07-2005, 02:33 PM
Launching!

Depends if you have a fleetside or sportside IMO...
Fleetside Steel (CC), Sportside/Stepside Polyurathane or fiberglass (StreetScene, Summit, etc)
Old 09-07-2005, 05:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Rats!
Old 09-07-2005, 06:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LS1Silverado05
Need opinions on roll pans. I just " de-badged" the tailgate on my 05 Silvy and now it realllllly wants a roll pan. My question is... Fiberglass or Steel, and why? Also..what company is good to work with? Thanx.

I say steel. Sir Mike's is a quality pan, but like said, they come unfinished. I had one put on my Sierra (very similar to Fogle's) and the painter didn't paint the inner side of the pan and it rusted through. The good news was he put a new one on and painted both sides, this time. Just be sure if you get a Sir Mike's, to have both sides painted.

Quick Reply: Roll Pans...