Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rollpan=done..ish

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 08:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default rollpan=done..ish

well today I put the roll pan on, thanks to optikalillusion for the great deal and heres how it looks as is:

now all thats left is some paint on it but I have to wait till May when I get that sweet Gov't check to fix this... (long story short Im a ****** idiot and didnt judge the truck right. sadly this happened in my driveway. )

Old 03-22-2008, 09:19 PM
Piss Pumps for Sale

Location: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada, The True North Strong and Free!

Roll pan looks really good.....I would of shot myself if I did that to my truck lol
Old 03-22-2008, 09:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey I'm one up on ya.. Last week not knowing how much gas to give, I drove the Chariot up and over ramps (brakes needed bleeding) and I crack the urethane on both sides of the bed. Insurance Co gave me $485 and we're chipping in the rest for body work and paint on the lower part of the truck. I should have her the later part of next week.
Old 03-23-2008, 02:40 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by lady3bglover
Hey I'm one up on ya.. Last week not knowing how much gas to give, I drove the Chariot up and over ramps (brakes needed bleeding) and I crack the urethane on both sides of the bed. Insurance Co gave me $485 and we're chipping in the rest for body work and paint on the lower part of the truck. I should have her the later part of next week.
holy ****! that sucks so bad. I wanted to shoot myself to. But I got a quote from a guy at a body shop my dad knows and he quoted me about 1100 so I turn it to insurance and give them 500 they pay the rest, Im gonna have them spray the roll pan the same time and maybe some various other accents if I get off my *** and sand them down. They'll give my mom a rental car for hopefully only about 2 day and I get the beamer for a couple days haha so I guess it wont be all bad. **** happens ya know. Learning experiences and obviously Im gonna pay more attention in sticky situations
Old 03-23-2008, 08:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

00Silv4.8 Is the rollpan gap uneven or is it the angle you took photo from? View from bottom of tailgate to top of rollpan. My imagination? I feel your pain. I work in early AM, didn't get much sleep. After my truck was dropped, obviously side mirror is closer to ground, duh. I back n2 parking spot & truck stops. My bedside lower(betw.rr wheel/ bumper) sheetmetal creased by someone w/ one of those metal racks(mounts in hitch hole). No damage to his. I tell him, he says, been meaning to paint & put reflectors on it! Someone else hit it too. I had to bump out, still need a little, & touchup. I'll just leave it til I do rollpan.
Old 03-23-2008, 08:37 AM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

I hate it when that **** happens.....ahhhg!

The roll pan will look great when painted to match. Take my advice and have it molded in, it costs more but looks so much better too.
Old 03-23-2008, 02:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by fastnblu
00Silv4.8 Is the rollpan gap uneven or is it the angle you took photo from? View from bottom of tailgate to top of rollpan. My imagination? I feel your pain. I work in early AM, didn't get much sleep. After my truck was dropped, obviously side mirror is closer to ground, duh. I back n2 parking spot & truck stops. My bedside lower(betw.rr wheel/ bumper) sheetmetal creased by someone w/ one of those metal racks(mounts in hitch hole). No damage to his. I tell him, he says, been meaning to paint & put reflectors on it! Someone else hit it too. I had to bump out, still need a little, & touchup. I'll just leave it til I do rollpan.
dam dude that blows.. but yeah I just noticed it today coming out of church.. my parents and girlfriend tell me it looks fine and dad said it should be less noticeable when paint matched but I donno. it seems pretty bad when I squat down and look directly. I tried to raise it up on the pass side yesterday but it just sunk back down when tightened up so I think its just tweaked

Originally Posted by trever1t
I hate it when that **** happens.....ahhhg!

The roll pan will look great when painted to match. Take my advice and have it molded in, it costs more but looks so much better too.
Im actually thinking about it more and more. What do I do have a body shop bondo it or just weld the sides?
Old 03-23-2008, 02:19 PM
TECH Addict

you weld the bumper in using spot welds so you dont warp it, moving up and down on the seam till its filled in, sand it smooth bond and paint, it looks great that s what im going to do with mine
Old 03-23-2008, 03:11 PM
Formerly Low_LQ4 - 6/6/10

Looks good just make sure you weld it.
Old 03-23-2008, 03:56 PM
TECH Junkie

hmm, well if I can find someone to do it for cheap I think Ill spring for it. But I donno. I guess till then I gotta live with it

Quick Reply: rollpan=done..ish