Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A scratch in my F'N door

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 08:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A scratch in my F'N door

So I was working late in class today and come out to my truck to go home and it looks like someone either dug a key into my door or opened a door onto it, and now i have a scratch to the metal with a small dent just above my side molding. Does anyone have any idea on how much this will cost to fix? I have no expirence with insurance claims, so how much do you think insurance will cover for something like this?
Old 03-09-2004, 08:15 PM
Launching!

That sucks, i had the same thing happen to me about 3 weeks ago. Punk *** kid on electric scooter smacked the drivers door of my truck. Left a good sized ding and a scratch right down to the steel. I am waiting for my tax return to come back so i can get it fixed.
Old 03-09-2004, 08:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I don't really have any information for you either but it reminds me of what one of my friends did this weekend. He was telling me today about how he went to the mall and as he's walking out he sees this guy in a rush in a nice BMW and pulls in next to his truck (faded paint and some rust but not too bad). Well he saw the guy parked pretty close and then he saw him open his door right into the truck. This kid doesn't really care about his vehicles that much since they're all pretty much beaters but this pissed him off. So he decided when he was gunna pull out to cut it sharp and dig his front end into the guys side. The guy had already went inside so he went ahead and just dug his front bumper into the side of the car and apparently left a dent about 2-3 inches deep and 5 inches tall running all the way down the side. I know you're gunna say that it's stupid but this kid doesn't have common sense to start with so it is for pure comic relief not something to jump all over for doing something to someone elses car. I thought it was pretty funny when he first told us.
Old 03-09-2004, 08:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 72firebird
I don't really have any information for you either but it reminds me of what one of my friends did this weekend. He was telling me today about how he went to the mall and as he's walking out he sees this guy in a rush in a nice BMW and pulls in next to his truck (faded paint and some rust but not too bad). Well he saw the guy parked pretty close and then he saw him open his door right into the truck. This kid doesn't really care about his vehicles that much since they're all pretty much beaters but this pissed him off. So he decided when he was gunna pull out to cut it sharp and dig his front end into the guys side. The guy had already went inside so he went ahead and just dug his front bumper into the side of the car and apparently left a dent about 2-3 inches deep and 5 inches tall running all the way down the side. I know you're gunna say that it's stupid but this kid doesn't have common sense to start with so it is for pure comic relief not something to jump all over for doing something to someone elses car. I thought it was pretty funny when he first told us.
Id say he deserved it!!!
Old 03-09-2004, 08:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

72firebird, your story reminded me of about 2 years ago i was at walmart with a friend and we just get out of our car and see this girl trying to back out of a space and instead of backing strait out and turning the wheel, she just turned the wheel and did the same thing as your friend to a 4 door station wagon and instead of stopping she kept going and dented the whole side of some poor bastards car. Now im sure she wasn't trying to do this but its a prime example of how some women can just not drive...

so um back to my question anyone got an idea of how much my new scratch/dent will cost to fix?
Old 03-09-2004, 09:38 PM
TECH Addict

mine got scratched a couple of years ago in a parking garage. it was keyed from the drivers side door to the 3rd door. not sure, but i think i was quoted about $380. i said screw it, it was on the passenger side, so i wouldn't see it as much, therefore, i would tend to forget about it and wouldn't feel bad about having it there. to make me feel better i took it offroad a few times, got some more scratches on it, damn tree branches
Old 03-09-2004, 09:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

thats not that bad for a big *** scratch i guess, mines fairly small but i get to see it every time i get in my truck! when i first saw it i thought a bird took a **** on my truck.
Old 03-09-2004, 11:57 PM
On The Tree

well heres the deal, if its too close to the body molding, where it kinda dips in, it will be more of a problem cuz when they sand it down, they will have to sand down most of the door, were as if its in the middle of the door it can be feathered out and repainted, i personally would just say do it yourself, all xcept the painting, it will cost u less and is way easier than u think, to have it professioanally done i would estimate 200-270 bux, there will be sanding and either bondo or a stud weld, but either way the materials will cost like 70 bux and the rest is labor, so it all depends, but if you sanded it down urself and did the bondo (which if ur interested i can give u step by step) then just have them paint it and that would cost like 30 or 40 bux, plus 15 in bondo and then the shop cost for paint and clear coat, so doin it urself would run under 100 bux id imagine
Old 03-10-2004, 12:00 AM
On The Tree

but since were all sharing war stories, i remember seeing these dumbass skater teenagers (which im a teenager but im only a dumbass on the weekends ) who were tryin to do some stupid **** like on that show jackass where they like crash around in shopping carts and ****, but they were obviously stoned or drunk or something and they hit my best friends car, like pushed a freakin like bathtub sized dent in the side of his tahoe, so we took thier skateboards beat the **** out of them with it, and when they ran away beat the living **** out of their crappy honda and then drove off, we didnt leave one window or light in that bitch unbroken, it was great lol skaterpunks
Old 03-10-2004, 12:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

Texan4Life
thanks, uh the dent is more of a "ding" so its not major just really anoying to know its there... Anyway, i am interested in doing the sanding and minor bondo work myself if it comes to that so i may call opon you for some advice later. thanks again.

Quick Reply: A scratch in my F'N door