Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shaker Hood (56k compliant)

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2003, 12:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shaker Hood (56k compliant)

I was looking throught the new Stylin Concepts magazine whenever I noticed a shaker hood. As of now I don't have a Sierra but I'm looking to get one over this summer. When seeing this hood it looked like a must for my truck. My original idea as the dual ram air that looks like the TA WS6 hood but now I changed my mind. I was wondering if anyone happens to already have this hood even though it's a new item. Here is the picture that was in the ad:

Fixed that link for ya -John
Old 07-09-2003, 01:43 PM
Launching!

Default Re: Shaker Hood (56k compliant)

Not a big fan of them on the Chevy trucks, I'd much rather see them on a Cuda.

But is it functional and whats the cost?
Old 07-09-2003, 05:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The hood is functional and loks like it would cost around $980. I don't know however if that includes benig painted or what. Whenever my dad ordered his X2000 bedcover it came painted. I would like to put this on my truck but it depends on what color my truck is. If it's a darker color I'm going to go with the Dual Ram Air but if it is red or yellow or a brighter color I would probably go with this shaker hood. If it's red it's defenate that I would go with the shaker to show it with the 72 as a pair.
here is a picture off the manufactures website - http://www.keystonerestyling.com/ghg116_2.htm
Old 07-09-2003, 07:01 PM
TECH Addict

i don't really like em, but its a kool idea
Old 07-10-2003, 12:21 AM
14 Second Truck Club

you sure that's a functional hood? last time i checked, which was about a year and a half ago, i called keystone and they said it's not functional and the shaker is only a bolt on engine cover sticking out of a stock hood with a hole in it. for looks i kinda dig it, performance and price...not so good imo.
Old 07-10-2003, 09:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

http://www.keystonerestyling.com/ks_hdgmc.htm - second row down and 3rd from the left. It says the hood is functional. This is a new hood that was just released.
Old 07-10-2003, 01:04 PM
14 Second Truck Club

ahh ok. you got me a little curious now that i saw these newer shakers were functional. i called there and got a walkthrough of how this thing works. this hood takes air from the shaker scoop, relays it to the "airaid" upgrade kit, then sends it on in to the engine. i was scratchin' my head wondering how they made this setup mock the old carburated shaker.
Old 07-10-2003, 03:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

funny you posted this i was going to post something last night. I was looking in e-bay for a hd hood and came up with some prety cool hoods. One was the one you posted and the other was this one i think it is kind of cool going old school.
Old 07-10-2003, 05:46 PM
TECH Addict

even if it is functional, how efficient can that setup be?
Old 07-10-2003, 10:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah I like that old cowl flap door style. That kind of stuff is really neat and pretty interesting how it all works.

As for the efficientsy of this hood I bet that it is better then what you think. It worked good back in the day and I bet they could hook a sort of supercharger up to it (not like a full thing but just something that sucks in air) and you could pull the air in as it moves around the shaker part. It would be something to investigate that's for sure. I think that idea is what renegade said about the airaid system. I'll call tomorrow about the hood whenever I call about my furniture and find out how the air is pulled in efficiently. Let me remind you that this is a Good Hood which means that it probably isn't some little dinky just for looks hood. They tend to make well working and good looking hoods.

Quick Reply: Shaker Hood (56k compliant)