SHOW & SHINE DISCUSSION Appearance | Detailing | Wheels | Truck of the Month
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

she got new shoes, whatcha think?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 08:23 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like it! They fit the truck well, overall great look!
Old 06-21-2012, 09:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks guys, they're starting to grow on me more . debating if I want to change up the front end, maybe a 03+ bumper and grill? or maybe a denali front? or keep it the same?

yep its 4/6, took it down the road, rides pretty smooth until I hit a bad bump, but hopefully the helper bags will help
Old 06-21-2012, 10:15 PM
The House is Rockin'

Originally Posted by 02gmcbandit
Thanks guys, they're starting to grow on me more . debating if I want to change up the front end, maybe a 03+ bumper and grill? or maybe a denali front? or keep it the same?

yep its 4/6, took it down the road, rides pretty smooth until I hit a bad bump, but hopefully the helper bags will help

I wanna drop mine like yours so bad, just afraid the ride is going to be really bad. Never owned or rode in a slammed truck before...
Old 06-21-2012, 10:26 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BLUES MAN
I wanna drop mine like yours so bad, just afraid the ride is going to be really bad. Never owned or rode in a slammed truck before...
If you do it correctly, with good parts and shocks it will ride fine, plus you having 17"s now you will have that much more tire for comfort also
Old 06-21-2012, 11:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I had a slammed nissan hardbody before I had this so Im used to low trucks.

Yea long as you do it right it'll ride just like a stock one if not a little better. All depends on how good your shocks and ect are.

The only thing I would redo is how I lowered the back. I have a flipkit, if I had to do it over I would go shackles, hangers , and lowering leafs.

Your truck would look really good lowered
Old 06-21-2012, 11:12 PM
The House is Rockin'

Yea long as you do it right it'll ride just like a stock one if not a little better. All depends on how good your shocks and ect are.

The only thing I would redo is how I lowered the back. I have a flipkit, if I had to do it over I would go shackles, hangers , and lowering leafs.

Another member told me (I won't mention who lol) said that for a good lowering kit wit shocks is going to be around $1000? Is that true?
Old 06-22-2012, 01:27 AM
Staging Lane

Id say no to the lowering leafs, every set ive seen on peoples trucks cause it to ride like crap because they are so stiff, a flip kit is your best option because it uses the same suspension pieces as factory, just simply relocates it to the other side of the axle. A nice set of shocks like the Belltech street performance shocks are what will help the most though, and depending on how you like your ride (stiffer or softer) depends on what kind of shocks you will want to go with

Originally Posted by BLUES MAN
Another member told me (I won't mention who lol) said that for a good lowering kit wit shocks is going to be around $1000? Is that true?
That is true, close to $1000 for a good kit and good shocks.
Old 06-22-2012, 04:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Brandon_73072
Id say no to the lowering leafs, every set ive seen on peoples trucks cause it to ride like crap because they are so stiff, a flip kit is your best option because it uses the same suspension pieces as factory, just simply relocates it to the other side of the axle. A nice set of shocks like the Belltech street performance shocks are what will help the most though, and depending on how you like your ride (stiffer or softer) depends on what kind of shocks you will want to go with

That is true, close to $1000 for a good kit and good shocks.
its probably just my bad luck, but I have both flipkit and the Belltech street performance shocks(that are less than a month old) and the ride isnt great at all. which I'm still thinking either I got some bad shocks out the box or my leaf springs are shot because it bottoms out way easier than it used to
Old 06-22-2012, 05:36 PM
Staging Lane

its probably just my bad luck, but I have both flipkit and the Belltech street performance shocks(that are less than a month old) and the ride isnt great at all. which I'm still thinking either I got some bad shocks out the box or my leaf springs are shot because it bottoms out way easier than it used to
On my old ECSB i used to bottom out quite often but i was 5/8 drop with the belltech C-notch and i had belltech nitro-2 shocks which i would not recommend, every other vehicle ive had and lowered 4/6 with all belltech stuff work great no bottoming out and good ride also. So far ive had 5 trucks done that way the last 2 with Belltech Street performance shocks, and so far have been impressed with them
Old 06-22-2012, 06:23 PM
Teching In

looks good bro