SHOW & SHINE DISCUSSION Appearance | Detailing | Wheels | Truck of the Month
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Show me your bed cover!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 04:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gotta be soft ... lightweight is a MUST. Also, being able to get to the front without having to remove the whole thing would be nice. As well as JUST the back.

Stroker, I didn't see a soft cover for step side listed. Maybe I missed it????
Old 03-28-2006, 05:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Huh, that's weird. I could've sworn they made one for stepsides.

***Edit...Check out about half-way down this page. Says its available for stepside and flareside models. http://www.checkerpro.com/softtonneaus.html
Old 03-28-2006, 06:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Checkmate will make the flush cover for anysize bed, just tell them your dimensions.
Old 03-29-2006, 01:17 AM
On The Tree

how does that checkmate cover stay taunt? i can't tell from the pics what pulls the cover tight. thanks
Old 04-03-2006, 10:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

stroker ace do you have problems with yours leaking?? and i realy wish they made on of those that had an extra lage lip to cover teh bed post holes (hard covers)
Old 04-03-2006, 10:32 PM
TECH Addict

It leaks when I lift it but as long as its down it doesn't usually leak. The problem is the seal doen't go around the hinges and that's where it leaks.

Oh and Allen, its kept tight because the vinyl is sandwiched between the rails (they're 2 piece) and you screw it down so basically there are screws holding it in place. They're not visible though.
Old 04-04-2006, 08:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Flyer
Gotta be soft ... lightweight is a MUST. Also, being able to get to the front without having to remove the whole thing would be nice. As well as JUST the back.

Stroker, I didn't see a soft cover for step side listed. Maybe I missed it????
let me do some lookin around this weekend. i have a stock oem soft cover that came off my truck. but it has gmc embossed in it. but its hard to see. i 'll look and see if i can find it.
Old 04-07-2006, 05:08 PM
TECH Veteran

I freaking hate my fold-a-cover that came with my truck. The locks are a bitch to open usually would take me 5 minutes of trying to get the key in before I could get it to seat properly. Both the lock by the tailgate and the cab sucked I think the cylinders were junk. When I went to take it out all the allen head bolts that lock it into the bed were rounded off from the jack *** who last put it in. Its now in my garage and will probably never go back on the truck.
Old 04-09-2006, 12:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i have a lund tri fold cover, installs in about 2 minuets,nice cover ,seals good ,looks good,very easy .under $400 ,will get some pics tomorrow and post them,i haul a gooseneck horse trailer so i am always folding it up.it snaps in the forward position,
Old 04-09-2006, 08:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by maddboost
The locks are a bitch to open usually would take me 5 minutes of trying to get the key in before I could get it to seat properly. Both the lock by the tailgate and the cab sucked I think the cylinders were junk.
Sounds like the person who installed it didn't set it up right the first time, or like you say, the cylinders have **** the bed. Never had any problems with mine and it has gone through 1 winter in OH and 3 in upstate NY.

Quick Reply: Show me your bed cover!