SHOW & SHINE DISCUSSION Appearance | Detailing | Wheels | Truck of the Month
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sierra Painted Mirrors and Door Handles Pics??

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 03:40 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sierra Painted Mirrors and Door Handles Pics??

Does anyone Have Pictures of a GMC Sierra with this done? Or pictures of Silverado Pictures, I want to do this mod to my truck. Anyone have opinions on this, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!
Old 02-02-2005, 11:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by James Creasy
Does anyone Have Pictures of a GMC Sierra with this done? Or pictures of Silverado Pictures, I want to do this mod to my truck. Anyone have opinions on this, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!
Nice Car,

The whole reason I went with the painted handles was to take attention off of them, So they would all blend in.

I raided the parts desk at my local dealer because he hooks me up.
My truck was easy, Black. I just used Silverado SS handles.
20-30 for each painted door handle and 15 for the tailgate bezel. I wouldn't recomned buying a tailgate handle because all that comes painted is the part were you grab on to. A shop could easily paint alot cheaper.

Your color might be harder to find. I'm not sure if z71 tahoes come in that color but they usually have painted handles.

I bought mirror caps from SIK. I got them relatively quick but when I got tailights it turned into a 6 month jerk job. I will not be ordering from them again.

You might be able to find someone to snad down the mirrors and paint them.
heres some low grade pics;
Old 02-02-2005, 12:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Have a look at my cardomain site.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/sd04silverado

I think the painted handles made a huge difference.
Old 02-02-2005, 12:49 PM
On The Tree

Here's one with my SS door handles (and just mirror caps)

Here is my painted tailgate handle. I took it into a local painter and he sanded it smooth then filled it with primer before he painted it. It came out looking really great IMO.
Old 02-02-2005, 04:39 PM
On The Tree

Oops...I forgot to add my $0.02 to my above post. I'm not sure which blue your truck is but I'm going to assume its IBM. If you get a VIN number from a Tahoe or Yukon in your color with painted handles and bring it to you local part's department, they can get you the correct p/n for those handles. Then take the p/n to www.gmpartsdirect.com and order your handles off there. As far as painting the mirrors (and/or tailgate handle) just make sure you get a good paint guy or do the correct prep work it you plan on doing it yourself.

I hope that all made sense...feel free to ask me questions.
Old 02-02-2005, 07:23 PM
Launching!

i got escalae handles myself on chevy ofcourse but they dont come in gray so i bought some sand paper primer and my color spray paint in duplicolor and some clear and did em myself.......just got to to clear em

id think the escalade handles would go better on yours also with the chrome nerf bars and all the facotory chrome

if not sure the difference escalades have the bezel painted and the pull chrome
Old 02-02-2005, 08:51 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by creederado
Nice Car,

The whole reason I went with the painted handles was to take attention off of them, So they would all blend in.

I raided the parts desk at my local dealer because he hooks me up.
My truck was easy, Black. I just used Silverado SS handles.
20-30 for each painted door handle and 15 for the tailgate bezel. I wouldn't recomned buying a tailgate handle because all that comes painted is the part were you grab on to. A shop could easily paint alot cheaper.

Your color might be harder to find. I'm not sure if z71 tahoes come in that color but they usually have painted handles.

I bought mirror caps from SIK. I got them relatively quick but when I got tailights it turned into a 6 month jerk job. I will not be ordering from them again.

You might be able to find someone to snad down the mirrors and paint them.
heres some low grade pics;

Your Truck looks good, I like the all black thing you've got going on. I'll Post a Picture of my Truck soon maybe tomorrow.
Old 02-02-2005, 08:53 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by emperor72
Have a look at my cardomain site.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/sd04silverado

I think the painted handles made a huge difference.
Thanks for the site, It makes me want to get my handles painted bad.
Old 02-02-2005, 08:54 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by HumanZoom
Here's one with my SS door handles (and just mirror caps)

Here is my painted tailgate handle. I took it into a local painter and he sanded it smooth then filled it with primer before he painted it. It came out looking really great IMO.

Your truck is the way I want mine, but in Blue of course, Nice Truck!
Old 02-02-2005, 08:56 PM
Staging Lane

[QUOTE=HumanZoom]Oops...I forgot to add my $0.02 to my above post. I'm not sure which blue your truck is but I'm going to assume its IBM. If you get a VIN number from a Tahoe or Yukon in your color with painted handles and bring it to you local part's department, they can get you the correct p/n for those handles. Then take the p/n to [url]www.gmpartsdirect.com

Thanks for the info, I don't know if they make that color in Yukon or Tahoe, I'll have to do some searching.

Quick Reply: Sierra Painted Mirrors and Door Handles Pics??