SHOW & SHINE DISCUSSION Appearance | Detailing | Wheels | Truck of the Month
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Snugtop pics finally!

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 09:50 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks awesome. I may have to get me one of those.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for kind words guys. It'll add some weight to the back to keep the tires planted for when weight is added in front to make it go as fast as Trever1t & his mule.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

looks very nice brother! i like it...
Old 10-23-2009, 01:21 AM
TECH Addict

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by fastnblu
To do it 100% right, I'd need to break the spot welds on boxside, then reweld after verifying specs. So, it's not perfect. I won't worry til I repaint - down the road.
all that for a 1/4", and i thought i was picky looks great, makes me miss my hard covers ive had on my previous trucks. one thing i dont miss is when the locks freeze, better get a cap for that lock..
Old 10-23-2009, 01:54 AM
SPAM HUNTER

you need wheels....
Old 10-23-2009, 10:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by skolman91
all that for a 1/4", and i thought i was picky looks great, makes me miss my hard covers ive had on my previous trucks. one thing i dont miss is when the locks freeze, better get a cap for that lock...
Yep. And I'll prolly do it 1 day. I wanna repaint cause I'm not happy w/. how it was painted when it was repaired. Shitty attn. to detail. Told painter it was dull on bottom of rocker; he said come back in 20 minutes. I said, "I'll give a 1/2 hr." Painters' fix was not to scuff it, just clear it. So, it has peeled in spots.

I just wanted it back after waitin 2 months & no truck!!! $9k worth of T-bone.

Seam sealer where roof meets passenger door wasn't clear, but a color that shows as it's seen elements. Rotten insurance wouldn't buy me a new door & if I wanted 1 new ($600 outta my pocket!!!). I was tight on $, so they put on a used '01 in white. They went right over white, & missed tiny lil coverage where bottom of pass. door panel goes. And white shows where it's worn from my use cause instead of priming then layin on blue, or at the least, sealing; they coulda done better.

Also, paint chipped off near wheel arch behind passenger tire. doesn't help, so I may take a lil blame. Where he blended @ front of bed color is off & a bit peely. Plus, I had a minor incident of my own doin behind the driver's rear tire - crease.

On top of that, dryspray under tailgate (vertical area where bed ends). To add insult, I flipped down my center seat/ armrest to find bodyshop dust all on top where plastic is recessed & it was around my cluster; dash top wasn't super clean either.

When I brought it in, the interior was immaculate; I mean other than the side hit.
That was 2 or 3 yrs. ago in May & I'm still & .

RANT OFF!!!

BTW, where do I get a cap for my lock? Got a pic?

Originally Posted by 2005 Silverado
you need wheels....
Show me the money.
In due time. I've got some ideas for wheels too.

PERFORMANCE 1st, looks later. I'm still faster than u. And I will be even more so hopefully next yr.; enough that your 6L won't cut it.
Old 10-23-2009, 01:06 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

The top looks great. I always wanted a top for my 'mule' and maybe after i break 10's I'll break down and buy one

Truck looks good Tom
Old 10-23-2009, 01:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by trever1t
The top looks great. I always wanted a top for my 'mule' and maybe after i break 10's I'll break down and buy one

Truck looks good Tom
Thanks. 10's?!? Yikes! They're 110# I was told. IDK if that's for a SB or a LB lid. But the guy says short bed, & he supposedly weighed them before. I haven't been on the scales to verify.
Old 10-23-2009, 01:25 PM
SPAM HUNTER

Originally Posted by fastnblu
Yep. And I'll prolly do it 1 day. I wanna repaint cause I'm not happy w/. how it was painted when it was repaired. Shitty attn. to detail. Told painter it was dull on bottom of rocker; he said come back in 20 minutes. I said, "I'll give a 1/2 hr." Painters' fix was not to scuff it, just clear it. So, it has peeled in spots.

I just wanted it back after waitin 2 months & no truck!!! $9k worth of T-bone.

Seam sealer where roof meets passenger door wasn't clear, but a color that shows as it's seen elements. Rotten insurance wouldn't buy me a new door & if I wanted 1 new ($600 outta my pocket!!!). I was tight on $, so they put on a used '01 in white. They went right over white, & missed tiny lil coverage where bottom of pass. door panel goes. And white shows where it's worn from my use cause instead of priming then layin on blue, or at the least, sealing; they coulda done better.

Also, paint chipped off near wheel arch behind passenger tire. doesn't help, so I may take a lil blame. Where he blended @ front of bed color is off & a bit peely. Plus, I had a minor incident of my own doin behind the driver's rear tire - crease.

On top of that, dryspray under tailgate (vertical area where bed ends). To add insult, I flipped down my center seat/ armrest to find bodyshop dust all on top where plastic is recessed & it was around my cluster; dash top wasn't super clean either.

When I brought it in, the interior was immaculate; I mean other than the side hit.
That was 2 or 3 yrs. ago in May & I'm still & .

RANT OFF!!!

BTW, where do I get a cap for my lock? Got a pic?

Show me the money.
In due time. I've got some ideas for wheels too.

PERFORMANCE 1st, looks later. I'm still faster than u. And I will be even more so hopefully next yr.; enough that your 6L won't cut it.
Everyone is faster then my truck...so whatever you have to say to make yourself feel better.

Also the 6 liter once again is going to still be slow...so again whatever you have to keep telling yourself.
Old 10-23-2009, 03:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts

should of came with a cap imo, contact snugtop and complain see if they will send you one. might be able to find one at a hardware store or something..

Quick Reply: Snugtop pics finally!