SHOW & SHINE DISCUSSION Appearance | Detailing | Wheels | Truck of the Month
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some artwork for an SS buddy

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 07:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow!! I want to get something painted by you but I don't know what lol!
Old 10-21-2009, 07:52 PM
Teching In

wow Terry love it brother. only some one who is airborne can do something like this lol
Old 10-21-2009, 09:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks guys. Airborne all the way!
Old 10-21-2009, 09:56 PM
Blown 427 LSX

OK I will be the first to say it... all of that BEAUTIFUL artwork and you guys didnt smooth out the intake mani cover? WTH? Those vertical raised rails have to go... its all in the details~!!

But 100% props on the flames and skulls, you should also give your skulls individuality, make each one a little different, makes it more one off...

but great job!
Old 10-21-2009, 11:53 PM
Launching!

SWEET.That is some nice work there.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by usabodyguard
OK I will be the first to say it... all of that BEAUTIFUL artwork and you guys didnt smooth out the intake mani cover? WTH? Those vertical raised rails have to go... its all in the details~!!

But 100% props on the flames and skulls, you should also give your skulls individuality, make each one a little different, makes it more one off...

but great job!
Thanks, but the skulls are almost the same as the godsmack logo. That's just the way he wanted it. I just made them look like they bursting out of the fire. Like this photo below. As fas for the raised letters, they are such a pain to sand off, because when you do that, you open up a can of worms. That's why I tell everyone NOT to sand on the covers, it makes things worse. They may look good when all sanded and smooth, but when you put the primer and paint on them, all the material that has been sanded stands up like it's fiberglass. It's such a pain to cover all that. It must be the material that they are made from. I sanded my own 3 piece covers, and man was it pain!! I had put as much as 5 coats of epoxy primer then the paint to cover everything. I'll never do that again. If someone does do that, then they would have to be prepped with a filler over top, then it would be ok. But that takes a ton of time.
Terry
Old 10-22-2009, 10:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by usabodyguard

but great job!
Thanks, but the skulls are almost the same as the godsmack logo. That's just the way he wanted it. I just made them look like they bursting out of the fire. Like this photo below. As far as for the raised letters, they are such a pain to sand off, because when you do that, you open up a can of worms. That's why I tell everyone NOT to sand on the covers, it makes things worse. They may look good when all sanded and smooth, but when you put the primer and paint on them, all the material that has been sanded stands up like it's fiberglass. It's such a pain to cover all that. It must be the material that they are made from. I sanded my own 3 piece covers, and man was it pain!! I had put as much as 5 coats of epoxy primer then the paint to cover everything. I'll never do that again. If someone does do that, then they would have to be prepped with a filler over top, then it would be ok. But that takes a ton of time.
Terry

Old 10-22-2009, 11:42 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Another fine job...looks awesome
Old 10-22-2009, 02:32 PM
TECH Regular

Looks awesome! Alway love seeing the art you lay down.
Old 10-22-2009, 02:53 PM
Resident Retard

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Those are badass, wanna paint my helmet???

Quick Reply: Some artwork for an SS buddy