Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

South Tx (R.G.V) Truck Shop ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2004, 08:46 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default South Tx (R.G.V) Truck Shop ?

Hey you all, well as some of you know I purchased some 20" for my Sierra. The truck looks way better but, it needs to be dropped a couple of ". I called "Big H Customs" here in McAllen and they quoted me $550(not including shocks). The problem is, they are only open from Monday to Friday, I work all week and only have weekends off. What do you guys think, should I buy a kit and have someone else install it? Any of you guys from the Rio Grande Valley (R.G.V) know of some other place that installs drop kits? Tiburon, sunshine, anyone help?
Old 06-16-2004, 09:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

try 3 star muffler on Old 83 in mcallen, they can drop your truck..
Old 06-16-2004, 09:49 PM
TECH Addict

I got a Freind here in Sullivan City that dropped mine! im not sure when he is available and when you plan on lowering it and also how many " ? His cell phone is 956-867-1518 Albert is his name He charged me 180 for springs and shocks in front and hangers in the back it took almost ahalf day to do ,so im not sure when he is going to be available just tell him Quintanilla is your freinds and see if he gives you a Discount!

-Danny
Old 06-16-2004, 10:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can try 3 Star Muffler. I can probably hook you up with a good deal there since I know the owner.
It looks like you already have a 2" drop on your truck. Another option is just to buy some drop coil spring and take your truck to Mexico drop it over there. They can dearch your leaf spring 2" for a total of 4" drop on the rear and install your drop coals to get that 2" drop in the front. I had this done done for $75 plus the cost of the drop coil springs and shackles. The shocks you can order them later and install them yourself since they are real easy to do. Let me if you want to this route to tell you where this place is.
Old 06-18-2004, 02:03 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If you take it to mexico, you can get the front springs cut a lil bit too. Not the best way to go about it but it is a cheap and quick way to lower it while you save up for the drop kit.
Old 06-18-2004, 02:08 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

There is also an alignment shop nearby Clark Chevrolet that will dearch your leafs. I cant remember too well, but I thinks its on the corner of 23rd and old 83. OR 10th and old 83. Which ever is closer to the Chevrolet dealer. ( I cant believe I cant remember that)
Old 06-18-2004, 11:11 AM
On The Tree

Default help:

Castelans Customs. Or you can do it in Reynosa for 70 dollars.
Old 06-18-2004, 11:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by I8AHEMI
There is also an alignment shop nearby Clark Chevrolet that will dearch your leafs. I cant remember too well, but I thinks its on the corner of 23rd and old 83. OR 10th and old 83. Which ever is closer to the Chevrolet dealer. ( I cant believe I cant remember that)
that must be 10th and old 83, i usually go there for alignments but i didnt know they do that to your leafs, i think they are together in business with TireCorral..
Old 06-18-2004, 12:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Make sure it is a good shop that you can trust to do a good job. I cannot see anyone messing up a small drop, but if you were doing a flip kit etc. I would make sure I knew their work and check up on the truck frequently.

I just don't trust anyone with my truck. That is how learned so much I did my own drop with DJM control arms and Belltech flip kit. I can see taking it to a shop if you don't have the tools though.

How are you going to drop the front?
Old 06-18-2004, 12:58 PM
TECH Addict

Theres a place in Reynosa also i think its called Muelles y Amartiguadores or some **** like that my cuzin went and drop his 03 and it doesnt bounce he cut one half turn of the springs in front and heat up the Leaf Springs to a 5" so it look ****** badass for a good price!

Quick Reply: South Tx (R.G.V) Truck Shop ?