SHOW & SHINE DISCUSSION Appearance | Detailing | Wheels | Truck of the Month
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SS Silverado Wheels........Made in China????

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2006, 10:51 PM
al
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SS Silverado Wheels........Made in China????

Went and looked at a set of SS silverado wheels and it had stamped in the inside of the wheels. GM, 20x8.5, and Made in China. Are these stock GM wheels or are they replicas? He wanted $250 each and I thought that was kinda high for used wheels and I wanted to make sure I was getting the real GM wheels. So are they replicas?
Old 12-23-2006, 11:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

you can find a set of real deal SS wheels for around 1100 with tires. im not sure about the the made in china part. i wouldnt think they are though.
Old 12-24-2006, 12:45 AM
al
TECH Enthusiast

OK, do you know anyone in our area selling a set? I bought a new 2007 Silverado Classic work truck. I got it because the cammed Z28 is down and it was my daily driver. I got the work series truck because it was cheap and had all the features I like. I like the manual mirrors, seats, windows, vinal floor and the toe package. I wasn`t to impressed with the looks of the truck untill I tinted the windows and installed the Extang bed cover and it is starting to look more like a fixed up truck. I want to go with the SS whees because I don`t like to stick out alot and since they are factory wheels maby, and I said maby no one will be as tempted to steal it. I`m also thinking about getting a sway bar set or maby just doing polly bushigs up front and adding a sway bar out back. I got enough attention in the Z28. Also I don`t want to attract the attention of the law if I decide to have a few beers with the fellas after work. Let me know if the SS wheels say made in China fellas.
Old 12-24-2006, 11:42 AM
TECH Resident

I have a set of replicas that say made by Speedline on the inside, don't know if they're from China though
Old 12-24-2006, 04:23 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a set of corvette wheels that I sent to the chrome shop. They took my original GM wheel that said made in the USA and sent me back a wheel that was chrome and said made in china. I called the shop back and they said that some of GM's wheels are made in china and some are made here. I dont know if he was just blowing smoke up my *** or not but that is what he said.
Old 12-24-2006, 05:59 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by TURBO8
...They took my original GM wheel that said made in the USA and sent me back a wheel that was chrome and said made in china.
Of course, you got your made in USA wheels back, right?
Old 12-30-2006, 12:36 AM
al
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TarheelZ
Of course, you got your made in USA wheels back, right?
Yea what he said. Did you get your **** back? If they were ZO6 replicas they weigh more than the OEM ZO6 wheels.
Old 01-03-2007, 09:01 AM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant

GM recently transferred some if not all of their aluminum wheel production to China. A couple of factories here in Indiana closed down as a result. Your Chinese made wheel could be one of the newer GM wheels.
Old 01-04-2007, 12:20 AM
al
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by y2k_ta
GM recently transferred some if not all of their aluminum wheel production to China. A couple of factories here in Indiana closed down as a result. Your Chinese made wheel could be one of the newer GM wheels.
I found some OEM silver SS wheels that are 20 x 8.5 in the front and 20 x 10 in the back. I saw them when I sold my stock Z28 exhaust to a LS1Tech buddie of mine. I talked to his Dad Sat. (the owner of the truck) and he wants to rebuild the truck after the first of the year and wants to sell me the wheels. I told him I`d call him in two weeks to see how much he wants for them. He had the rear wheels widned in Dallas. Man I hope he sells them to me.