SHOW & SHINE DISCUSSION Appearance | Detailing | Wheels | Truck of the Month
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tahoe rims. Where can I find a set without taking out a mortgage.

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2010, 03:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tahoe rims. Where can I find a set without taking out a mortgage.

I will be in the market for new tires towards the end of the summer, and I want to have two sets of wheels. Winter set with stock rims and off road tires . . . and a set of summer wheels with street tires. I am torn between the nnbs 20s and the tahoe 20s . I can't seem to find the tahoe wheels for a reasonable price. They are all so expensive. Just curious if anyone has ideas about where to get a set for a decent price. Like I said I won't need them for awhile, but I would like to start looking. I saw a crew cab with them yesterday and it got me thinking about them. Thanks for the input!
Old 05-15-2010, 05:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

from what ive seen they're expensive everywhere....best of luck finding a good deal on em though lol they look good!
Old 05-15-2010, 05:24 PM
The House is Rockin'

try the stealership, every know and again they have a take-off's. if you got a connection in parts department, you might walk out not limping
Old 05-15-2010, 06:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Finish Line has them from 249 for silver finish, 369 for high polish, and 439 for chrome...Buyer beware with discount wheel sellers though, sometimes it's almost better off paying the GM premium at the dealership, just so you know that if it balances poorly, or is damaged in shipping they'll get you another one no problem. Also dont' have to worry about a repaired wheel showing up in the mail that won't balance for ****.
Old 05-17-2010, 01:10 PM
Import Moderator

CL is your best bet dude... I have seen the high polished ones going for $900-$1500 with tires, I wouldn't pay anything over $900 with good tires to be honest. Look at CL around you too within a few 100 miles if your willing to drive.. I actually got my wheels/tires from a guy in Cleveland who met me halfway from Pittsburgh
Old 05-17-2010, 01:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yea I love the way they look, but they seem to be pricey everywhere.

I know a few guys that work at the local dealership. That's a good idea, I'll start getting the word out.

I doubt I get them shipped, just because I am funny about ordering stuff over the internet that is expensive like that. Never been a big fan.

Originally Posted by beastmode
CL is your best bet dude... I have seen the high polished ones going for $900-$1500 with tires, I wouldn't pay anything over $900 with good tires to be honest. Look at CL around you too within a few 100 miles if your willing to drive.. I actually got my wheels/tires from a guy in Cleveland who met me halfway from Pittsburgh
I have been checking every once in awhile, but I'll have to keep checking. I don't mind driving to get a good deal. Driving is fun, paying out the *** is not!
Old 05-17-2010, 01:43 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BLUES MAN
try the stealership, every know and again they have a take-off's. if you got a connection in parts department, you might walk out not limping
Thats where i bought mine for my wifes 05 Tahoe Z71.

Brand new takeoffs, an older guy wanted 17's on his new tahoe, not 20's LOL

I paid 800$ , Helps to know the service manager!
Old 05-17-2010, 01:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

That's a good price for rims and tires. Maybe our service manager has a daughter that I know.
Old 05-17-2010, 02:42 PM
Import Moderator

Originally Posted by camochevy21
I doubt I get them shipped, just because I am funny about ordering stuff over the internet that is expensive like that. Never been a big fan.
oh trust me I have learned the hardway myself on that one.. just search Fuddle lol
Old 05-17-2010, 10:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

yea I hear ya. I wouldn't mind paying a little extra to see them in person.

Quick Reply: Tahoe rims. Where can I find a set without taking out a mortgage.