Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Timeless 6's.

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2004, 07:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by agreif
Can you explain this a little more? I couldn't find em on intro's site?
intro imports a few of boyds wheels on contract . the imported versions are the chrome timeless 6 and the magneato. you can get these wheels for a whole lot less than ordering them through a boyd dealer. i even got both center caps with mine. the boyd cap is polished cast with there logo and the intro cap is chromed. coys custom wheels sells these set for $1050 and have had no returns. i had a set of rallye boyds that i paid $500 a wheel for and i cant tell any difference in the way it is produced. i am happy with what i got for the money invested for 20" wheels. just as cheap as centerline but looks a whole lot better in my opinion. if you need any more info let me know. they have both magneatos and timeless 6's in the 6 lug chrome wheels.
Old 02-16-2004, 01:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Good choice! I think you'll love them. I have the timeless 6's also but mine were dipped in chrome. I went with the 18X9.5 with 285/50 nitto 404 tires. The chrome was a little more, but I love them. I don't know how to put pics on here.
Old 02-16-2004, 02:45 PM
MOOBIES Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've never heard of Boyd or Intro "importing" each other's wheels. That's gotta be one of the silliest things I've heard in a LONG time.

What exactly do you mean by "importing?"
Old 02-16-2004, 04:16 PM
TECH Veteran

I just got a response about the center caps from the place I bought the wheels from. They told me that the cap I have is the new engraved billet cap that comes with all billet wheels. The old cast cap with the sticker now only comes on the cast wheels. That's fine with me because I like this cap better.
Old 02-16-2004, 04:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Scream
I've never heard of Boyd or Intro "importing" each other's wheels. That's gotta be one of the silliest things I've heard in a LONG time.

What exactly do you mean by "importing?"
http://www.dealerssporttruck.com/pro...997%26page%3D2

This Intro looks like a Boyd Design to me?

subcontracting is more like it or buying the stlye perhaps?
Intro or Boyd seem like great products so who ever is making what as long as there light and don't bend I'm buying.
Old 02-16-2004, 10:16 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by creederado
Boyd also makes two versions,
1 Billet- retails for around 1500
and
1 Cast- retails around 1100.

Very sweet looking wheel.
There's also a guy selling chrome versions of the cast wheel on ebay for around 1000 20x8.5, Don't know about the quality seems too good to be true.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEBWA%3AIT

Regardless Those wheels look awesome, Good pick J,
i have a set of those cast chrome versions....i have had both billet 2 pieces and these cast wheels. they are the nicest wheels i have seen for $1000 in a 20"
Old 02-16-2004, 10:27 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Man, with that color, and those wheels, I'd bet it would look awesome lifted hahaha

I like those centercaps better than mine. The red on the Boyd oval is kind of fading into a dark pink now. If I were keeping the truck, I'd probably buy some caps like those and swap them out.

Good choice in wheels

BTW, definitely do something like zoopseal before you use them. These wheels are a PITA to keep spotless, they drive me nuts.

Tony
Old 02-17-2004, 12:24 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Man, with that color, and those wheels, I'd bet it would look awesome lifted hahaha

I like those centercaps better than mine. The red on the Boyd oval is kind of fading into a dark pink now. If I were keeping the truck, I'd probably buy some caps like those and swap them out.

Good choice in wheels

BTW, definitely do something like zoopseal before you use them. These wheels are a PITA to keep spotless, they drive me nuts.

Tony
I'm sure it would too but I think I'm keeping mine low. Thanks for the compliments! Like I said earlier I like the new cap design better than the old one. It just seems to look cleaner.

Tony, do any of our sponsors carry Zoopseal?
Old 02-17-2004, 07:46 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

None that I know of. I think it is only sold direct, www.zoopseal.com
Old 02-17-2004, 09:00 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
None that I know of. I think it is only sold direct, www.zoopseal.com
i wonder if i should of used that stuff on my speed grille. it is rusting very quickly. i am going to return it for a new one. it has a 1 year warranty.

Quick Reply: Timeless 6's.