Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transformation my truck has went through

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 11:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1LOW4X4
Yeah me too. It looks great and its great when it strikes up conversation! Or maybe we are all just bored and used your thread to chat! LOL
i think you got the right idea! hahaha
Old 08-23-2010, 12:00 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh and bigredmariner, thanks for the part number, you just cost me $10-15 dollars LOL
No problem, I still need to get off my *** and mount the antenna. But I haven't listened to terrestrial radio since I bought the truck. It's on my list to do though, just at the bottom of it.
Old 08-23-2010, 12:32 AM

I say truck looks clean but I would change my hood n grill for the hd ones than colormatch them n that would give ir truck more aggressive look.. I bet it would look sick with that mod
Old 08-23-2010, 12:35 AM
Teching In

looks great
Old 08-23-2010, 12:47 AM
Staging Lane

wow guys i posted this about an hour ago and came back to 3 pages, thanks for the compliments. Yes it did leave some minor scuff marks where the fender flares were but my body man took care of that. i want to paint match the back bumper pieces and tailgate parts, but i haul with it and am afraid it would scratch to easy
Old 08-23-2010, 12:54 AM
Staging Lane

1low4x4 im def gonna do that with my antenna, and as for the flares im not sure if im going to put them on because my paint guy is a little to busy to blend in the ghost flames, bet you guys cant see them in the pics,
Attached Thumbnails Transformation my truck has went through-iphone-021.jpg   Transformation my truck has went through-iphone-020.jpg   Transformation my truck has went through-truck-paint-027.jpg  
Old 08-23-2010, 12:54 AM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice nice man.. I could go either way with guards and flares. It would look great with matched flares thought, hell paint the guards white, see what it looks like. Your new wheel choice is freaking great. If i had a 4x4 truck that was white, it would look pretty close to that.. :thumbs:
Old 08-23-2010, 07:56 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
Nice nice man.. I could go either way with guards and flares. It would look great with matched flares thought, hell paint the guards white, see what it looks like. Your new wheel choice is freaking great. If i had a 4x4 truck that was white, it would look pretty close to that.. :thumbs:
+1 to this. Guards and flares would look good on this truck if painted white, but the truck looks pretty good as is.
Old 08-24-2010, 02:42 PM
Staging Lane

really like your truck. how you've transformed your truck reminds me of my truck. i started w/ the stock toolbox look and now ive finally got my truck the way i want it. i cant wait to buy me a cowl hood. your truck is sharp as hell, i would leave the flares off but thats just my opinion.

also thanks 1low4x4 for the antenna pics, im definately gonna do that!
Old 08-24-2010, 03:20 PM
TECH Resident

went out and took some pics for you. The stock antenna is just screwed in there, with a hole in the cowl end piece, at least thats how my yr model is.

There is a part number for a end piece that doesnt have the hole, but I never bothered getting it, I guess I should. That would eliminate anyone ever knowing it was there.

You just basically make a L bracket to reroute the antenna down on top of the fender. I still get real good reception. and it is not real noticible when the hood is up either. That bracket is like 3 years old so its rusty lol. I really need to get that end cap without the hole haha. The part number for it can be looked up on gmfullsize

Does doing this decrease FM reception?

Quick Reply: Transformation my truck has went through