Sponsored by:

TYC headlight/bumper lens pics!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2005, 02:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by F8L Z71
Thanks guys.

Both lights are from TYC. Except the top pic which I have stock headlights.

I get the bulbs and the TYC stuff from my shop so the prices are not what you would see normally. I'd say if you can get the headlights for $120 you'd be doin good. The bumper lens may go for about $50.

The StreetGlow lights retail for $30 and the PIAA 3157s are like $25. The PIAA headlight bulbs are $90. If I didn't get em at cost I probably wouldn't run them. LOL
Hook it up with a discount! I am seriously thinking of ordering a set, they look really nice on the truck.
Old 02-28-2005, 10:04 PM
TECH Resident

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I looks like you put the 20's on.. got any pics yet?
Old 02-28-2005, 10:29 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Chris, here is a pic of the 20s on but stock height.

I pulled off the side molding last night and have it mostly buffed out. There are a few lil spots I am not satisfied with so I'll be perfecting those tomorrow then I'll get newer pics. The Hotchkis stuff was on backorder for 2 weeks so maybe I'll see the stuff next week to lower it.

Here is a shot of the bumper lens on the side view but with my stock headlights. Sorry it's not a better pic

The HIDs will probably fit but it may be tight which could cause the bulbs to overheat.
Old 02-28-2005, 10:39 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chris, here is a pic of the 20s on but stock height.

I pulled off the side molding last night and have it mostly buffed out. There are a few lil spots I am not satisfied with so I'll be perfecting those tomorrow then I'll get newer pics. The Hotchkis stuff was on backorder for 2 weeks so maybe I'll see the stuff next week to lower it.

Here is a shot of the bumper lens on the side view but with my stock headlights. Sorry it's not a better pic

The HIDs will probably fit but it may be tight which could cause the bulbs to overheat.
Dammit I wish I could take my molding off. I tried a small piece, but under it the molding had rubbed on the paint some. It left marks I didnt think I could get off. Anybody run into that? Sorry, off topic.
Old 02-28-2005, 10:57 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by 99Silver5.3
Dammit I wish I could take my molding off. I tried a small piece, but under it the molding had rubbed on the paint some. It left marks I didnt think I could get off. Anybody run into that? Sorry, off topic.
Take it off anyway. You can get most small marks out with a good buffing wheel and compound. If it actually dug into the paint you can get froggy and wet sand it down after using some touch-up paint then buff it out. After a a lil trial and error I can clean up most scratches with some touch-up paint and some 2000grit wet sandpaper. It's scary at first but you figure it out pretty quick. The key is good materials.. I'll take some pics of the stuff I need to fix tomorrow then when i finish them I'll take fater pics and post em up if ya like.
Old 03-01-2005, 12:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

Your headlights look good man I think some HID's will do wonders on those clear headlight housing.
Old 03-01-2005, 12:57 AM
TECH Resident

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

debadge that beast and take the moldings off for sure(or u did it already). Just needs new door handles and a roll pan, 04 taillights and you're set... you ordered that 2/4 right?.. shoulda gone 3/6 IMO, but whatever floats the 10 sec truck's boat is fine with me.
Old 03-01-2005, 02:08 AM
12 Second Truck Club

All the badges are off the truck as of now, even the LS stickers. No molding either. I just have some touch up work to do on some nicks and scratches. Over all the pain is in great condition for never being taken care of. Well, it's in great condition after I got done buffing it. LOL The roll pan is already ordered and on it's way also. I got a SMs pan.

I don't wanna go real low on this truck. I hate driving a SLAMMED truck around and didn't want that particular look this time around.

My old truck

HIDs would look great in here and I can only imagine how bright it would be. I finally got them algined right last night (they don't come aligned and are all whacked out) and they are brighter than the stock housings with the same bulb but the pattern is different. It's kind of like a basic wedge shaped spread but there are 2 darker spots then 2 really bright spots in the middle with a slightly darker spot in the middle of those spots. Kinda like a wedge with a spotlight in the middle but in the shape of the batman symbol. LOL It's kinda cool driving around. The only thing brighter than my spot on the road is something with true HIDs which regular bulbs can nver compare with.
Old 03-01-2005, 02:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

i like em but i hate the blue hyperwhite look. i noticed that on my old truck, looked too rainbowish
Old 03-01-2005, 04:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

The PIAA headlight bulbs are $90.
is that just for 2 bulbs?

Quick Reply: TYC headlight/bumper lens pics!