SHOW & SHINE DISCUSSION Appearance | Detailing | Wheels | Truck of the Month
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TYC headlight/bumper lens pics!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2005, 02:07 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do you notice any brighter light with ur tyc head lights??? and did they fit just like stock or???
Old 03-11-2005, 04:39 AM
TECH Resident

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Faze2183
do you notice any brighter light with ur tyc head lights??? and did they fit just like stock or???

get the real HIDs.... he's a cheapo
Old 03-11-2005, 08:24 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by Faze2183
Yes, they were brighter. Not by a huge amount though. Yes, I'm a cheapo. On some things anyway.
Old 03-11-2005, 12:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

HIDs will fit. I have done it no problem
Old 03-12-2005, 12:54 AM
TECH Resident

whata about the fit quilty???? of those tyc head lights, i know my tyc parkin lights fit better then the stock
Old 03-16-2005, 02:05 AM
Teching In

Default Aligning the headlights

Hey, I just bought these headlights too, but when I put them in, the aliginment was all out of whack, and there was also a big gap between the chrome bar on the grill and the bottom of the headlight. How did you get these headlights aligned to how they are suppose to be?

Originally Posted by F8L Z71
All the badges are off the truck as of now, even the LS stickers. No molding either. I just have some touch up work to do on some nicks and scratches. Over all the pain is in great condition for never being taken care of. Well, it's in great condition after I got done buffing it. LOL The roll pan is already ordered and on it's way also. I got a SMs pan.

I don't wanna go real low on this truck. I hate driving a SLAMMED truck around and didn't want that particular look this time around.

My old truck

HIDs would look great in here and I can only imagine how bright it would be. I finally got them algined right last night (they don't come aligned and are all whacked out) and they are brighter than the stock housings with the same bulb but the pattern is different. It's kind of like a basic wedge shaped spread but there are 2 darker spots then 2 really bright spots in the middle with a slightly darker spot in the middle of those spots. Kinda like a wedge with a spotlight in the middle but in the shape of the batman symbol. LOL It's kinda cool driving around. The only thing brighter than my spot on the road is something with true HIDs which regular bulbs can nver compare with.
Old 03-16-2005, 02:37 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Mine were all out of whack also.

I just went out into the middle of the street late at night and started adjusting them. Mine were aiming so high I could see bats flying around and ****. LOL

It's pretty easy though. Just go somewhere kinda dark and start turning the adjustment screws till you get em where you want. You'll have to climb in and out of the truck a bunch of times so you know you get em perfect.
Old 03-17-2005, 01:29 AM
TECH Resident

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by F8L Z71
Mine were all out of whack also.

I just went out into the middle of the street late at night and started adjusting them. Mine were aiming so high I could see bats flying around and ****. LOL

It's pretty easy though. Just go somewhere kinda dark and start turning the adjustment screws till you get em where you want. You'll have to climb in and out of the truck a bunch of times so you know you get em perfect.

better yet, go park 15 feet in front of a wall or garage door. measure the height of the lights from the ground on the truck and then measure from the ground up on the wall. Just a one-time thing.