SHOW & SHINE DISCUSSION Appearance | Detailing | Wheels | Truck of the Month
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Want your tips on dressing up engine bay

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 10:02 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. I was going to ask you and ben how y'all polished up the ac lines. Guess I'll try the steel wool. I was also wondering about that insulation around the drier.....
Old 08-13-2010, 12:24 AM
Banned

Got some stuff cleaned up, roughed up, taped up and ready for the painter....Still have a lot to do. In the A.M. I'll be blasting the engine bay once more, taking mean green and a brush to the wire looms, and painting the frame. Man this all better be worth it. I tell you what now would be the time for a cam and head swap fer shur.

I am REALLY tempted to pull this whole damn motor and REALLY get **** clean, since I am only a few bolts away from doing so....but that would set my project back a little while.....Plus everyone on this site would laugh at me for pulling and re-stabbing a stock engine just to clean **** up....LOL

Old 08-13-2010, 12:27 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by midnight_bowtie
Looks like you have most of your bases covered. The hardest part is going to be to hide all those wires and hoses. That sure would help all your hard work stand out and be that much more appreciated.
I've been throwing around ideas of how to hide all that.....short of relocating everything....
Old 08-13-2010, 12:45 AM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Ceramic coated long-tube headers. You need them. Rusty stock manifolds will stick out like a sore thumb when you finish the work you're already doing.
Old 08-13-2010, 12:52 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by AKlowriderZ71
Ceramic coated long-tube headers. You need them. Rusty stock manifolds will stick out like a sore thumb when you finish the work you're already doing.
Thanks, Think I've mentioned that twice in this thread lol. I had a ORY, sold it to a buddy, had some stage 8 headers bolts, gave them away, also had the 3" bandclamps, sold them too. So I have to start all over again.

Headers and a CAI will be next.....
Old 08-13-2010, 12:57 AM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Cool. I read the whole thread, and never saw that. However, I will defend myself by reminding you that I've been drinking beer for the last 4 hours.....sooooo......ya.......lol
Old 08-13-2010, 01:13 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AKlowriderZ71
Cool. I read the whole thread, and never saw that. However, I will defend myself by reminding you that I've been drinking beer for the last 4 hours.....sooooo......ya.......lol

Oh my god! Looks like I'll be bringing a case of beer over on Saturday lol
Old 08-13-2010, 01:20 AM
Banned

Hell maybe it was another thread. idk. BUT, youre right, I need coated headers something aweful
Old 08-13-2010, 08:04 AM
TECH Apprentice

Im more into the bling factor myself, I like shiny chit

Here is an OLD pic of when I first did my a/c lines

Heres a pic of the custom head plate a guy made for me on Tech, along with the ceramic coated headers

Engine badge I had made. The numbers are way off now

Polished oil catchcan before I had the alt/powersteering bracket polished

Underhood mirrors

Here I had everything polished

Painted coils with chromed coil brackets and bolts

Heres some crappy pics of when I first got it together, these are the only pics I have at the moment from last winter.

Pic of the nitrous and purge solenoid during the wiring process

Definatly not done. My cover is getting smoothed and painted as we speak. When I do my forged 370 ill have the front cover, oil pan, and maybe the heads polished. Im also going to paint the firewall and engine bay smooth when I have the motor out.

.....and yes im OCD
Old 08-13-2010, 08:15 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2BFAST
Im more into the bling factor myself, I like shiny chit

Heres some crappy pics of when I first got it together, these are the only pics I have at the moment from last winter.

Definatly not done. My cover is getting smoothed and painted as we speak. When I do my forged 370 ill have the front cover, oil pan, and maybe the heads polished. Im also going to paint the firewall and engine bay smooth when I have the motor out.

.....and yes im OCD
Dude, your engine is freakin' sweet This is straight-up the best looking engine I've ever seen in a Silverado.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did it set you back to get all of that done?

Quick Reply: Want your tips on dressing up engine bay