Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Water leak wtf!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 08:52 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Water leak wtf!!!!!

I have a leak some where in my tahoe and i have no clue as to where its coming from. for the longest time i have noticed that when it rains the driver side floor board gets wet. i thoght it was from wet shoes and what not cause i found a small hole in my floor mat. well recently i got a new set of floor mats with no holes and the problem is still there.

i made sure all the holes in the fire wall (wire harnessess) were closed up nicely. i pulled the carpet and padding back. then dried it all up and left the carpet up so i could see the floor. i ran a water hose over the truck and got nothing. but last night it rained its *** off, so i checked it this morning and there is a puddle. sooo wtf what do i need to check now?

when i bought the truck it had a horrible wind noise. come to find out it was the windshield molding pieces. that was after they did a bunch of other crap that didn't fix it and i figured out it was the molding with some tape. so they replaced the moldings.

i thought it was the wires through the fire wall but its had the leak before then.

now that i think about it i've had the amp and sub in there this whole time. and my fuse to the amp under the hood is pretty badly corroded for some reason. its mounted behind the fuse panel by the fender. i wonder if water it coming through gap between hood and fender onto the fuse and following the wire right into the firewall.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:15 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had that with my 04 GMC Sierra, had to take some sealant and kinda squirt it in the top passenger side corner of the windshield. Did the trick, never had the leak again.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:19 AM
12 Second Truck Club

well, i just got off the phone with torquewrench, he mentioned a drain line from the sunroof that runs down that side of the truck. so i'm going to check it for clogs tonight to see how it is.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got a leak around my back glass that I need to fix
Old 12-03-2009, 10:59 AM
12 Second Truck Club

leaks suck. i'm seeing rust inside by the kick panel. time for some sand paper and P.O.R 15.
Old 12-03-2009, 06:15 PM
12 Second Truck Club

ok so sun roof is leak free. some how water is getting into the kick panel channel. i'll try to explain. if you pull back the kick panel plastic there is a black plastic piece behind it. the hood pop handle is kinda over it. if you pull that back you can see into the body channel itself. that was filled with water. from what i could tell, when that gets full it spills out and then fills up the floor board and the under the skid plate by the seat. i pulled that up and the wire harness and plastic holder piece. there i found the metal retainer is rusted to ****. so now my truck has cancer.
Old 12-03-2009, 06:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there should be a gasket/weatherstrip between the front fender and the door. check and see if that gasket is still there and whether or not it will still seal. you might have to remove your fender to get to what i'm talking about.
Old 12-03-2009, 06:52 PM
12 Second Truck Club

i seen what looks like a fire wall material in there but that was it. then there is the door sill and the other sill that's kinda attached to the side of the windshield.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:47 PM
Baltimore Whore

Had the same problem.. Not exactly sure where it was other then they said there was a vent leaking.. Sorry but if you can find THE VENT I bet thats it..
Old 12-03-2009, 08:00 PM
12 Second Truck Club

you were getting water in the body frame or just in the floor?

Quick Reply: Water leak wtf!!!!!