Wax

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2004, 12:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 05-30-2004, 01:14 PM
TECH Regular

mm i use meguiars clay bar and the whole wax every other month. and in between that i wash it every week and usually use meguiars quick wax after i clean the car with the quick detailer. it keeps her pretty. for the windows i use crumpled newspaper with this armoral stuff. the crumpled newspaper is the ultimate no smear window cleaner. i wish i had rims that i could polish
Old 05-30-2004, 04:33 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by niwtsol
mm i use meguiars clay bar and the whole wax every other month. and in between that i wash it every week and usually use meguiars quick wax after i clean the car with the quick detailer. it keeps her pretty. for the windows i use crumpled newspaper with this armoral stuff. the crumpled newspaper is the ultimate no smear window cleaner. i wish i had rims that i could polish
Ah okay thanks for the info!

As for the rest of you...
Old 05-30-2004, 11:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

I use a clay bar and wax from Tex-Brite (a Houston shop). The clay bar is twice as big as others and seems to be better. The wax I use is their Cherry Wet Wax, this is the best wax I have found yet, it leaves a very deep shine that in my opinion is way better than the Meguiar's Gold Class I've used. For everything else, I use Meguiar's products.

When I had my 99 Sierra, I would wax it once every two weeks and clay bar it about every three months.
Old 05-31-2004, 07:26 AM
On The Tree

I wax mine about twice a month with Meguiar's NXT Tech wax. In between I use the Meguiar's NXT Tech Booster spray. If I get any bad swirl marks or anything I use Meguiar's #83 then maybe #7 and then some NXT. The #83 is very good. These are the tan looking bottles (pro) not the maroon ones you see at part stores.
Old 05-31-2004, 12:03 PM
TECH Regular

carbon do u use an orbital buffer for that professional stuff or do it by hand? i am considering ordering a orbital just because after goin through washing, drying, polishing, and waxing. my arm gets somewhat tired.
another good question. waht do yall use to get the water off, it seems that everything i use just moves the water around and then i get water spots...
Old 05-31-2004, 12:22 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by niwtsol
carbon do u use an orbital buffer for that professional stuff or do it by hand? i am considering ordering a orbital just because after goin through washing, drying, polishing, and waxing. my arm gets somewhat tired.
another good question. waht do yall use to get the water off, it seems that everything i use just moves the water around and then i get water spots...
Yeah I use an orbital buffer on mine. To remove swirls you pretty much have to have one. I bought this one here a while back: http://properautocare.com/porcabpolac.html (Porter Cable 7424 Dual Action Polisher) I also buy my buffer pads from them as well. This buffer is safe to use. You cannot burn or damage your paint with it. Unless of course you drop it on your truck!

For washing an drying I only use microfiber towels. I also use a sheepskin mitt to wash too. Another way you can do it is to buy a cheap mitt like from Wal-Mart or something and wash with it and then throw it away. For drying I use a waffle weave microfiber towel.

I buy my microfiber stuff here:http://www.pakshak.com
If you use something like the absorber it will leave scratches. You may not think it will but it will! They'll be fine scratches that you can't really see. And the more you have the less shine you will get. Also if you want to learn more here is a great place to start: http://www.autopia.org/index.php
Old 06-04-2004, 11:54 AM
Teching In

I use the Mother's clay bar kit and Zaino waxing products. Usually throw a coat on every 3 months or so. The Clifornia Water Blade has worked well for me so far. Haven't noticed any extra scartched or anything like that from it. Tkes a little getting used to, but once you get the hang of using the "blade" it takes about 5 minutes to dry the truck.
Old 06-04-2004, 12:07 PM
Launching!

Carbondogg speaks the truth.

Hit Man, what wax are you using?
Old 06-04-2004, 12:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 03Carbondogg
Yeah I use an orbital buffer on mine. To remove swirls you pretty much have to have one. I bought this one here a while back: http://properautocare.com/porcabpolac.html (Porter Cable 7424 Dual Action Polisher) I also buy my buffer pads from them as well. This buffer is safe to use. You cannot burn or damage your paint with it. Unless of course you drop it on your truck!

For washing an drying I only use microfiber towels. I also use a sheepskin mitt to wash too. Another way you can do it is to buy a cheap mitt like from Wal-Mart or something and wash with it and then throw it away. For drying I use a waffle weave microfiber towel.

I buy my microfiber stuff here:http://www.pakshak.com
If you use something like the absorber it will leave scratches. You may not think it will but it will! They'll be fine scratches that you can't really see. And the more you have the less shine you will get. Also if you want to learn more here is a great place to start: http://www.autopia.org/index.php

Stick with Carbondogg and ye shall go places. I get my microfibers from the same place. AWESOME MF towels and quick delivery to boot. Those waffle weaves rock! I bought their full tilt kit and its probably the best detailing decision I have ever made. Just flat out kick ***.

Wax = Zaino

Windows = White Vinegar and water and microfiber (ZERO streaking and removes waterspots better than ANY other product, IMO and experience)

Tires, interior, exterior plastic trim = poorboys trim and detailing products

Me =