SHOW & SHINE DISCUSSION Appearance | Detailing | Wheels | Truck of the Month
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Waxed and blacked out..

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 08:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks grrrreeeeaaatttt!!! do those mirrors come factory or what? i dont think i've ever seen them without the covers on them like every other truck!!!
Old 11-02-2011, 08:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by gs7793
Where's the eyebrow?! Hahaha, looks good man

You otta candy your tails and clear up your headlights
All of this
Old 11-02-2011, 08:26 PM
TECH Resident

Beautiful!
Old 11-02-2011, 08:31 PM
Laid Back

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Is that a dry shot and do you still have a functioning MAF sensor?
Old 11-02-2011, 09:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey thanks guys, she shines up pretty good, Meguiars is good stuff. I used Mothers Clay bar, then meguiars 3 step kit ending with deep crystal carnauba wax.

I've thought about removing the blinkers and going clear. Any links on how to do it?

Kr1s I was going to go 10 on the sides, but I was told there is no 10. It goes from 5 to 15. Could just be the brand they used. That said, I'm pretty set on 15 being good, I still drive this truck at night so I need a little light coming in lol.

Tim, Black00 called it. I'm from Wilmington Ohio (30 minutes north of cincinnati) but I been stationed in the Air Force in Charleston, SC for 8 years. Love it.

As for the Blanket I've had it on and off, lately I swap turbo's to often leave the damn thing on there.

TimDave I'm not sure on mirrors man, lol never really noticed I guess.

Beatdown I run a 2bar, but keep the maf in there just to get readings from the intake temp sensor. I run a dry 50 and a couple hits on a 75. I usually just set the truck to run around 11.0 a/f's if the nitrous wasn't spraying, then when the 50 dry hits it takes me into the 11.4-11.5 area. Still rich, but I'm a fan of extra fuel volume cooling on those stock workhorse pistons.

Ow and little update. Just had to talk a little smack I guess. Steve sent me the tracking number for my front wheels tonight. Looks like the 8th. I ordered my rears 2 days later, so maybe I'll get a tracking on them soon as well.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:43 PM
TECH Resident

Looks awesome, super clean! All of that hard work paid off! I'm assuming underhood temps are ok without the turbo blanket? Are your hotside pipes wrapped?
Old 11-02-2011, 09:48 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

looks good brotha.. I am waxed, but have not yet blacked out.. I am sure a few more black tooth grins will get me there thouhg..
Old 11-02-2011, 09:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by foose04
I've thought about removing the blinkers and going clear. Any links on how to do it?

Kr1s I was going to go 10 on the sides, but I was told there is no 10. It goes from 5 to 15. Could just be the brand they used. That said, I'm pretty set on 15 being good, I still drive this truck at night so I need a little light coming in lol.
on the top housings you just heat em up and scrape out all the sealant and seperate the lens from the housing and the orange reflector just pulls out. on the bottom lights you have to buy new ones since the reflectors are sealed to the lens....

and he got it, there is no such thing as a sheet of 10% tint. i have 5 all around on my truck and im gonna be going darker in the next week or so with a sheet of 15 over the back 5 and a sheet of 35 over the two sides. i HATE people looking at me while im driving
Old 11-02-2011, 10:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
I am sure a few more black tooth grins will get me there thouhg..
i dont have to worry about that! ive always had super dark tint haha....

one day i left the lake and i was driving with my shirt off in the f250 before i had it tinted and i pulled up to a light and looked next to me and there was a white trash redneck fat woman staring at me. i just about tossed my cookies. thats the last time i'll ever drive without a shirt on
Old 11-03-2011, 08:43 AM
TECH Resident

^^^hahaha lol, what do you do to pass inspection with such dark tint? I know that if we go below i think 35%, you will fail inspection and a lot of cops will pull you over if it looks very dark, test it and make you scrape it off...

Quick Reply: Waxed and blacked out..