SHOW & SHINE DISCUSSION Appearance | Detailing | Wheels | Truck of the Month
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do you guys think about putting ss emblems on a single cab truck?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2004, 05:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you guys think about putting ss emblems on a single cab truck?

Just curious about what you guys think? Would it be ricer like or pretty cool looking to put on some real ss emblems on my truck? I'm talking about the sides, the tailgate, and the dash emblem? I am thinking about doing it to really confuse all of the locals and maybe scare off some potential ricers from trying me.
Old 08-08-2004, 05:35 PM
TECH Addict

That whole idea was really ruined for me when I saw a guy in my neighborhood with "SS" emblems and "Hybrid" emblems all over his truck. Your truck is sweet and looks really clean. I wouldnt crap it up with ricer retard stickers and emblems. JMO.
Old 08-08-2004, 05:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

arent you putting a 6.0 in your truck? there was a pewter single cab stepside in a truckin' mag that had that and it had SS badges on it, but not the SS badges like the ones on the true SS trucks. I say go for it, as long as it runs comprable or better than a SS.

BTW, I'd just put them on the doors only
Old 08-08-2004, 06:45 PM
TECH Veteran

While I think it would look cool, I wouldn't do it because it's not a true factory SS. When I think of an SS, I think of the factory trim level option. That's just my opinion though and we all know what opinions are like.
Old 08-08-2004, 07:08 PM
14 Second Truck Club

i would say dont do it... i was running faster than SS's when i was N/A. it just doesnt seem right, kinda like being up there with putting type R on ****.

but what do i know.. i have SS wheels..
Old 08-08-2004, 09:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by JSmith
While I think it would look cool, I wouldn't do it because it's not a true factory SS. When I think of an SS, I think of the factory trim level option. That's just my opinion though and we all know what opinions are like.
Tell me how many people say, "I want to buy an SS because of the trim level"
Old 08-08-2004, 09:25 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by ILLNALI
Tell me how many people say, "I want to buy an SS because of the trim level"
Maybe because that trim level includes all the goodies that makes an SS what it is, including the engine.

I'm mainly referring back to the old days though. When you bought a late 60's Camaro/Impy/Nova/Chevelle you had your basic cars but when you added the SS trim option you got the bigger motor and trans in addition to exterior badging and trim pieces and interior touches that set the SS apart from the normal car.
Old 08-08-2004, 10:30 PM
Cuz I AM a BADMOFO

Originally Posted by JSmith
Maybe because that trim level includes all the goodies that makes an SS what it is, including the engine.

I'm mainly referring back to the old days though. When you bought a late 60's Camaro/Impy/Nova/Chevelle you had your basic cars but when you added the SS trim option you got the bigger motor and trans in addition to exterior badging and trim pieces and interior touches that set the SS apart from the normal car.
I could tell you were "old school" with that trim level remark. I got what you mean. I was thinking about the SS emblems myself, as they really wouldn't show up that much on my truck being it is Charcoal gray, I thought they would look kinda like "ghosted" on there. But I also agree with the whole "type R" thing someone else said....and I'm not gonna put them on mine. I say its up to you....there have been a lot of times when I think something will look shitty and they I see it on someone else's truck or car and it changes my mind. Its up to you, your call.
Old 08-09-2004, 10:21 AM
TECH Veteran

Thought you guys might get a kick out of these. These pics were taken back in 2000 and my truck looks nothing like that now. The first one is before I had my drop and the second one is after I dropped it and shaved the moulding. Notice the SS stickers?

Old 08-12-2004, 12:07 AM
Teching In

If you do it right, that is with the SS front, side skirts and rear bumper it would look good. But you would have to make it faster than the factory one. Also if you have 1 of the 3 factory colors the true SS comes in it would help.

Quick Reply: What do you guys think about putting ss emblems on a single cab truck?