SHOW & SHINE DISCUSSION Appearance | Detailing | Wheels | Truck of the Month
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What tint should i get for my truck?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 05:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default What tint should i get for my truck?

What are your opinions guys?

5% or 15%
I have a Regular cab silverado

I would really like to hear from personal experience.

Can you still see inside with 15%?
Thank you!
Old 12-06-2011, 06:44 AM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Usualy it is 5%, 20%,50% but if you have 15 that is fine.

I would do 5 on the back window and 20/15 on the sides. In such a small cab you would be best to have a brow on the windshield if you want to to be as dark aspossible.

With out the brow the cab will still be fairly dark with 5/15 and look damn good. 5% is just too dark for the side windows in my opinion. 15% will not allow people to see in much if at all and you can still see in the dark if you need to back up or change lanes.
Old 12-06-2011, 06:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have tinted all my truck and cars as dark As I could get it and have been able to see out fairly well but couldn't see in at all. Before this law passed I had 5% all the way around and then went back over the back glass and extrcab doors with 5% again and the doors with another coat of 32%. The meter on the doors read 0% of sun went thru it.

In your reg cab I would do a 5% windsheld band and the 5% back glass and do 15% on the doors. It will be plenty dark.

I would check your local laws on what % the allow. I know in Ga it is 32% on the front doors but everything else can be 5%.

This truck is 32% on door adn 5% on the rest
Attached Thumbnails What tint should i get for my truck?-2004-chevy.jpg  
Old 12-06-2011, 07:15 AM
Launching!

I've got an ext cab and I done 5% all around with another 20% over the front side windows and a 5% eyebrow. I love it!! But you can forget seeing to backup at night, but that's when power windows come in handy
Old 12-06-2011, 07:17 AM
Launching!

Btw with the 15% you can see inside. With the 5% you can on a sunny day. Mine, you can't at all
Old 12-06-2011, 07:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

5% all he way around! You can still see out and everything at night, no need to roll down to see on coming traffic. Any darker and you won't be able to see so good...
Old 12-06-2011, 07:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by custm2500
Usualy it is 5%, 20%,50% but if you have 15 that is fine.

I would do 5 on the back window and 20/15 on the sides. In such a small cab you would be best to have a brow on the windshield if you want to to be as dark aspossible.

With out the brow the cab will still be fairly dark with 5/15 and look damn good. 5% is just too dark for the side windows in my opinion. 15% will not allow people to see in much if at all and you can still see in the dark if you need to back up or change lanes.
Its a weird % but the guy has it, For sure 5% is going on the back and on the brow.
I live in the city so 5% isn't too bad but i just cant decide

Originally Posted by BigDaddy0381
I have tinted all my truck and cars as dark As I could get it and have been able to see out fairly well but couldn't see in at all. Before this law passed I had 5% all the way around and then went back over the back glass and extrcab doors with 5% again and the doors with another coat of 32%. The meter on the doors read 0% of sun went thru it.

In your reg cab I would do a 5% windsheld band and the 5% back glass and do 15% on the doors. It will be plenty dark.

I would check your local laws on what % the allow. I know in Ga it is 32% on the front doors but everything else can be 5%.

This truck is 32% on door adn 5% on the rest
I honestly think thats what i'm going to do 15% if i don't like it ill go darker.
In TX Where i live its 25% on the sides and i can have whatever on the back window

Originally Posted by 07NNBSVMAX
I've got an ext cab and I done 5% all around with another 20% over the front side windows and a 5% eyebrow. I love it!! But you can forget seeing to backup at night, but that's when power windows come in handy
Haha yea we have a tinted duramax

Its a Crew cab and i have 5% on the back window and 5% on the 2 rear doors with 35% up front and a 5% brow. I sat in the back last night and i think its a bit too dark but i feel like I wouldn't mind.

Originally Posted by 07NNBSVMAX
Btw with the 15% you can see inside. With the 5% you can on a sunny day. Mine, you can't at all
On a sunny day with 5% you can see perfect outside, its just the night time that bothers me And i do most of my driving at night

Originally Posted by 03z-71
5% all he way around! You can still see out and everything at night, no need to roll down to see on coming traffic. Any darker and you won't be able to see so good...
Since i'm in a REG cab i'm sure visibility would be pretty good.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 03z-71
I looked at your car domain and man it looks nice!
Old 12-06-2011, 07:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

thanks man

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...ogress-492266/
Old 12-06-2011, 08:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On my burb and avalanche all back windows are 5% and the front is 20% to comply with the state inspection. The RCSB is 20% front and back and it feels like a fish bowl, going to do 5% on back window and a winshield band to try n darken it up.

Quick Reply: What tint should i get for my truck?