Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What tint should i get for my truck?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 01:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan6_0
I had 5% on back windows and on the front 15%.. cant really see and never had any problems with the police because it was dark, when you start going to 5% they'll notice. 15% was just perfect, but didnt have pass inspection cuz of it lol... 28% is what i have now and it is horrible..
Yeah lol hopefully i won't get pulled over, good thing is i have a clean record
And all my **** on my truck is up to date.... As for inspection... My grandpa takes his van to some guy and he just tips a bit and the guy says here you go.
so hopefully he will do this to me too.... Or i might go get my inspection sticker now before i put the tint

Originally Posted by static06
I have 5% all the way around with eyebrow. Only problem I have is backing out of my driveway but I'm used to it now. I do plan on adding another layer of limo on the back glass and 20% on the sides
I'm planning on adding a back up cam
Tint on tint?
You don't like the 5% anymore?
Old 12-08-2011, 01:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

5% isn't dark enough for me. I can see through my windows in the daytime and if bothers me lol
Old 12-08-2011, 02:29 PM
Staging Lane

I have 3 layers of 20% on the front 2 layers of 5% on the 3 back windows and 30% front windshield on my extended cab
Old 12-13-2011, 08:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I love my 5% tint! Couldn't have asked for it any darker or any lighter I will post pictures when it stops raining
Old 12-14-2011, 06:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

TOLD YOU...hehe
Old 12-14-2011, 03:57 PM
Launching!

I have 4% all around and 30% on full windshild. I like it but i want another layer of limo tint on back and side glass. When its sunny, you can see in. Dont be worried about the law, they have better things to do than to bust someone for tint. Most state police are the ones with the light meter anyway.
Old 12-14-2011, 10:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ive had mine metered and a warning written by a highway patrol officer, but I was pulled over for another bs reason. Mine is the factory 78% green glass, with ceramic tint all around. 15% sides (metered at 10%), 4% rear, and 70% on the whole windshield. My air blows 37* puttering around in summer traffic with Texas weather and the whole interior is frigid if you leave it at full blast for long enough. The sides look like they're painted black at some angles, but aren't very dark at others. I want to layer the back glass to get it darker because I can't see anything out the back anyway. The windshield tint cuts down on glare without looking extremely illegal. I should have gotten an eyebrow before I put on my ez tag however..
Old 12-15-2011, 10:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 03z-71
TOLD YOU...hehe

Originally Posted by Bow-Tie-Beast
I have 4% all around and 30% on full windshild. I like it but i want another layer of limo tint on back and side glass. When its sunny, you can see in. Dont be worried about the law, they have better things to do than to bust someone for tint. Most state police are the ones with the light meter anyway.
Damn! I bet it is real cozy in there! I would love to tint my windshield! Just need to get it replaced first, it has a big crack on it

Originally Posted by wheeliE-maxx
Ive had mine metered and a warning written by a highway patrol officer, but I was pulled over for another bs reason. Mine is the factory 78% green glass, with ceramic tint all around. 15% sides (metered at 10%), 4% rear, and 70% on the whole windshield. My air blows 37* puttering around in summer traffic with Texas weather and the whole interior is frigid if you leave it at full blast for long enough. The sides look like they're painted black at some angles, but aren't very dark at others. I want to layer the back glass to get it darker because I can't see anything out the back anyway. The windshield tint cuts down on glare without looking extremely illegal. I should have gotten an eyebrow before I put on my ez tag however..
Yeah you can't see me in the day or night lol. I have the brow too and mannnn does it help!
I'm gonna take a 4hr drive sometime soon and well its all state troopers, ill see how it goes there