Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where are yall getting the paintable Master cylinder/alternator covers

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 02:07 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where are yall getting the paintable Master cylinder/alternator covers

Dressing up the engine bay cause I'm gonna show the truck next spring in a few shows....Of course I'll need pacesetters to help the look out and I'm gathering parts to build a CAI that I can have painted to match....added a new underhood insulator....

I had my painter spray the vortec cover, fuse box, and he's giving me back my front piece in the AM that shows the belt configuration and the engine size (cant remember what its called)...so thatll set it apart.

I painted the rod that goes over the battery, the wiper fluid cover, the oil fill cap, the brake fill cap, the cruise control module box, both brackets that brace the fender to the firewall, painted the valve covers that bright green to set them off as well as the "Vortec" on the main engine cover. Painted all the coilpacks and the brackets pewter also....I've got a lot more I want to paint such as alternator bracket.....

I recently bought the cover that covers the battery (paintable) and the cover that covers the coolant tank (also paintable) and was wondering about the brake booster and the alternator.

I've seen where guys have covers for the alternator and the brake booster but cant find where they got em. I checked stylintrucks.net they aint got em. Any ideas? Also, anyone know if they sell pewter wire loom lol??

Heres a few pics as of now....engine bay is still dirty, needs a good wipe down and I'm in the process of that now.....I know it looks a lil odd not being finished but I'll get more up as I go

The pics dont do it justice, I'll get more once I get all the covers painted and in....like I said, thinking of painting that big *** alternator bracket, and prolly getting rid of the red on the power box......this pic is older....dont some more since then
Old 08-07-2010, 02:13 AM
TECH Resident

did you do all the painting yourself, i want to see the little pieces u said u painted, cuz im interested in doing the same to mine. whats the process used as well? primered sand, or sanded then primered, sanded, base clear, im interested.

edit: All i have is my vortec cover like yours, the fuse panel cover, the radiator cover top piece (waiting for clear), but was thinking of doing some little stuff like the black l brakets in back that go from fender to truck itself, and the covers (oil,brake as well)
Old 08-07-2010, 02:18 AM
TECH Resident

older pics

sanded smooth wiper cowl and wiper arms

Old 08-07-2010, 02:27 AM
Banned

have an account on GMfullsize? Best I can tell you is get on there and find the sticky I made on painting plastics.

If not, let me know and I'll lay it out for you.

Heres a few....

Last edited by 1LOW4X4; 08-07-2010 at 03:11 AM.
Old 08-07-2010, 02:32 AM
Banned

And yeah I'd like to do the cowl and wipers next, I'll prolly let the painter spray them along with all the covers that are on the way. Looks good!
Old 08-07-2010, 02:33 AM
TECH Resident

i do have an account on gmfs, whats the link, i want to know the steps, everything you have painted is what i want to do myself
Old 08-07-2010, 02:38 AM
TECH Resident

i should just ship some **** to you and let you do your thang lol, didnt mean to ***** your thread, but i love your colormatched pieces
Old 08-07-2010, 02:54 AM
TECH Resident

i read that thread before lol, thanks, im going to hopefully tackle some of my **** soon. your pics give me inspiration
Old 08-07-2010, 08:19 AM
The House is Rockin'

looks similar to mine, just dif color....

Old 08-07-2010, 10:22 AM
TECH Resident

i dont see the point of painting engine parts haha but i would like to see carbon fiber pieces

Quick Reply: Where are yall getting the paintable Master cylinder/alternator covers