Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Window tint dot matrix

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 06:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window tint dot matrix

Had my widows done a week ago and it has some defects around the dot matrix.Does anyone have any tips on how to help the dot marix problem? The only solution ive heard of is to glue it. Ive also seen paint or vinyl to cover these ares. Is it possible to peel it back and glue it now after a week?
Old 08-30-2007, 06:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I've never heard of using glue on tint, if you had them tinted at a professional shop they should fix any defects at no charge
Old 08-30-2007, 09:17 PM
On The Tree

what i'm talking about is that i had a tint strip put at the top of my windshield and on the new 07's there are the black dots on the windshield (usually on the rear window of cars) and it is well known that tint does not stick well to these dots making an apperance of it not sticking or a defect on the outside. The place where i had it done told me that there is nothing you can do about it to make it better. i've read about the alternatives i've listed above on different websites. Just wanted to know if anyone had any good ideas to help me out and if the glue trick will work.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'd go back to the tint shop and get your money back. They either don't know what they are doing or they are using cheap tint. I've tinted several vehicles and I've never had this problem.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

you can actually sand the dots off, ive heard gluin it too, the shop should have known about that tho.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:34 PM
TECH Resident

Always keep a heat gun near by...
Old 08-31-2007, 10:01 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Ive exspeiranced (sp) that these are less noticable over time. Kinda like when you have a rear window defroster they look bad at first and then disappear. Just my 2 cents.
Old 09-01-2007, 01:22 AM
On The Tree

someone told me to press a hot towel against it to help. i tried it and i think that it was just the pressure rubbing over it more than the hot towel but it helped a little. the biggest pain about it is that some of it looks perfect and some not so perfect. the not so perfect part isnt that terrible but it bothers me that it doesnt look all the same(maybe i'm just extremely picky). i have access to a heat gun should i get it and try or just live with it like it is? can i screw it up somehow with the heat gun?
Old 09-01-2007, 06:20 AM
Staging Lane

let it cure more...if it doesnt get better over a week, then take it back to the shop and have them redo it

Last edited by hawaii50; 09-01-2007 at 06:43 AM.
Old 09-01-2007, 06:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by shakinlm7
I'd go back to the tint shop and get your money back. They either don't know what they are doing or they are using cheap tint. I've tinted several vehicles and I've never had this problem.
same here. it sounds like somebodys trying to get out of fixing it. thats bullshit. get a secong opinion. then tell go tell the place you went to. "i went to___and they can fix it for ___dollars. are you gonna fix it? or do you want to pay to get it fixed? aftermarket is a 50/50 deal. they are either cool or just plain cheap and lazy. if there was nothing you can do they should have told you that before they did it. instead of taking your money.

Quick Reply: Window tint dot matrix