SHOW & SHINE DISCUSSION Appearance | Detailing | Wheels | Truck of the Month
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Zaino Users

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2004, 04:17 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn don't go saying that......now i will have to go and use it and I hate waxing/polishing/detailing
Old 03-18-2004, 05:18 PM
TECH Regular

I use zaino and love it. Body shops hate it!! VERY VERY hard to remove from paint.
Old 03-18-2004, 05:21 PM
Launching!

Take a look at klasse http://concoursdirect.com/bigdiskit1.html. I used zaino for 3 years and pushed turned many on to it. Klasse it just as good IMO and lasts just as long. the all-in-one combined with the protectant glaze gives the same look as zaino. the best part about klasse is it is wipe or buff on, no waiting for it to dry if there are any sumdges or smears wait 5 min and it will wipe right off.
Lar
Old 03-21-2004, 08:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

I just finished washing my truck up again. I still haven't polished it since August. It looks like I just got done doing it still! I am amazed still. The polish has lasted through the winter, light snow, lots of nasty acidic rain, and a fair amount of nastyroad film. Hasn't been washed since August up until a couple of weeks ago, and it still beeded up and ran right off like it was just p[olished.

That should be enough to convince you to go for the Zaino.
Old 03-21-2004, 08:42 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Well, I detailed cars for 8 years and never used Zaino....But after reading this post, I will give it a try!
Old 03-22-2004, 01:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Smile

Originally Posted by 72firebird
I have used it and it takes a long time. Also it doesn't last as long as normal wax. I found that 3M wax actually took a lot shorter time and produced an almost equivalent shine. Plus it lasts longer. If you're showing your truck use Zaino, but if you're gunna drive it normally I would suggest 3M over Zaino.
I would have to disagree. I've used 3M and Meguiars and although they are both good products, there is no way in hell they last as long as Zaino. It's some of the best stuff out there, bar none.
Old 03-22-2004, 01:14 PM
12 Second Club

Ive tried multiple brands, including Cherry Wet which I didn't see anyone mension here...and I've gone back to Zaino....there are some zaino'd pics of my truck in my sig link.
Old 03-22-2004, 04:05 PM
On The Tree

Meguiars NXT wax is also a synthetic polymer, has filling capabilities, and will last 6 months. But you've also got to understand that a truck/car has to be ready to take the wax too. It has to be super clean. Me and a friend of mine did his reg cab truck the other sat. and we started off washing the truck, then we clayed it, which will really clean one up! Then we waxed using Meguiars wax #7, #9, #20, NXT wax, then finished with #26. It took us about 6 hours to do! Slickist **** you ever felt! The #7 along with the others will get rid of swirl marks. Even on black trucks. But you also have to keep in mind that you need to use micro fiber towels too. That is all I use to wash, wax and dry my truck with. I have no swirl marks in my paint. See a lot of people will wax they're truck/car and maybe get rid of the swirl marks and then the next time they wash they use a cheap mitten or rag to wash it with. And then they dry it off with an absorber or leather chamois. All of that will scratch the hell out of one. You may not know it when you do it but it's the light scratches and swirl marks you have to look out for.

Here's a good site to learn all about detailing: http://www.autopia.org/index.php

Here's a post my brother and his friend posted a while back. Now he's way worse than me when it comes to detailing and cars! http://www.autopia.org/forums/showth...639#post313639

Also you can buy some microfiber towels here: http://www.pakshak.com/