Notices
Silverado SS, Joe Gibbs Editions, SSR Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |Engine | Body | News

Do i have a real SS Silverado

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 09:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

holy crap this sucks...very odd that it doesn't have stickers, sunroof, or the right color interior?
Old 08-07-2012, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by dirtyblackhoe
holy crap this sucks...very odd that it doesn't have stickers, sunroof, or the right color interior?
I found something in the dash that labled it as the pewter color. But hey give me the ok and so did two state troopers. So nothing i can really say jus happy they couldnt confirm it to be stolen. we figured the truck my have been roled and they had to replace the roof and didnt add the sun roof back in it. And thanks everyone!
Old 08-07-2012, 10:19 AM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So i would be kinda pissed off if i bought a truck that has been totaled and not told about it. You basically have no info on the truck, LOL and would have seemed to pay fair market value for it. Kinda strange.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

where did you buy the truck? did it have a rebuilt or salvage title? This still doesn't add up at all

BTW do you have any pictures of the truck? Does it have the 6.0 motor in it?
Old 08-07-2012, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
So i would be kinda pissed off if i bought a truck that has been totaled and not told about it. You basically have no info on the truck, LOL
Yes very true. But not like i can jus go ask for a refund ya know. Lol its mine now. So nothing i can do about it. Jus relieved that it isnt stolen. I can live withit being a salvaged truck but not stolen.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:28 AM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 786 Likes on 652 Posts

Originally Posted by chris41936
Well we couldn't confirm a true vin only thing we got was the vin that matches the title out the ecm. So he told me do not worry about it. And to tell anyone who may pull me over and notice it to call him and two other state troopers to say i have had the truck checked out. We are thinking it may be a salvaged truck.
Do you have the title or did you turn it in when you re-registered it???

By law if it's officially Salvaged. It should be noted on the Title as Salvage or Reconstructed vehicle in most states. Ever state is different. I am not going to get into the legality's but unless it was never reported. There should be some sort of record of an accident or theft at least through the Police Dept. That alone should show up on a car fax report.

Glad you at least got it sorted out with the Local Authority's

Good luck with your new truck!!! Keep us posted if you play with it and modify it.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by dirtyblackhoe
where did you buy the truck? did it have a rebuilt or salvage title? This still doesn't add up at all

BTW do you have any pictures of the truck? Does it have the 6.0 motor in it?
I bought it from a guy in Atlanta. And im not sure about the title its in the process of being changed overto my name. And yeah i know still seems funny to me also but nothing i can do about it. Yes it has the 6.0 now if its the lq9 or lq4 im not sure. But pictures.. yeah i have some but not on my laptop.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by 1FastBrick
Do you have the title or did you turn it in when you re-registered it???

By law if it's officially Salvaged. It should be noted on the Title as Salvage or Reconstructed vehicle in most states. Ever state is different. I am not going to get into the legality's but unless it was never reported. There should be some sort of record of an accident or theft at least through the Police Dept. That alone should show up on a car fax report.

Glad you at least got it sorted out with the Local Authority's

Good luck with your new truck!!! Keep us posted if you play with it and modify it.
I havent gotten a car fax yet but will soon though gonna try to get someone i know to do it for free for me. Yeah im waiting for the title to get back so i can see if its a slaveged title or not. But i will keep an update of it here. Got some plans for it soon enough. And again thank all of you for the help. lol who knew a bunch of strangers could be so nice and helpful.
Old 08-07-2012, 11:04 AM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 786 Likes on 652 Posts

Originally Posted by chris41936
I havent gotten a car fax yet but will soon though gonna try to get someone i know to do it for free for me. Yeah im waiting for the title to get back so i can see if its a slaveged title or not. But i will keep an update of it here. Got some plans for it soon enough. And again thank all of you for the help. lol who knew a bunch of strangers could be so nice and helpful.
That's what this site is all about.
Old 08-07-2012, 11:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Did you not see the title before purchasing, or confirm with the bank or holder that it was a blue title?

Quick Reply: Do i have a real SS Silverado