Notices
Silverado SS, Joe Gibbs Editions, SSR Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |Engine | Body | News

Found an RST

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 10:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update: 14th
Old 05-12-2010, 10:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jadaven
Thanks man. Let me know how it goes. I had a W4me tune on my 00 silverado 4.8 auto and it made a hell of a difference. I wonder myself about the difference with the 5 speed.

Who is doing your tune? I'm close enough to Blackbear that when I'm ready I'll just drive down. Want to get all the looks stuff finished first
My use of mail order is a bit misleading...I found a local guy with the help of these forums that does what he calls a pcm edit for 70 bucks. A couple of others from here vouched for him, and I figure for the money I can't go wrong...my thinking is that I don't need a full dyno tune with the stock'ish setup. He says his pcm edit is the equivalent of a mail order.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ah, cool beans.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jadaven
Update: 14th
Dunno at this point, I think their tracking is just screwed up. LOL

They say it left on the 11th (phone tracking) and wil be here Monday.

Their web page tracking says it is leaving today and will be here tomorrow

Who knows
Old 05-13-2010, 07:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

i want to know more about these mail order tunes~~~

i was always told bad things about them but it was for my wifes modded LS1 car, they always said you needed a full tune due to the changes....

well my question is , i want one for my truck, basically a stock 04 GMC RST, dont know if they changed any computer stuff or not, but i do tow a trailer with 2 mowers on it during the summer, but yet i want to get the truck to run a bit better~via..mail order tune, i quess being a stock tune it would be easier to tweek it,......who has had one , who did it , and was is the pros and cons,.....i do planning on keeping the truck stock untill next year whem im doing full exhaust redo,.(headers,y-pipe, o2 delete, and cat delete) which i know it will need tuned then,...just looking for a little more power untill then..

thanks in advance, Boog
Old 05-13-2010, 08:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

My understanding is that until you go with heads, cam, forced induction, and/or N02 a mail order will suit a person fine. Pretty much all they are doing is adding or pulling timing and adding or leaning air/fuel, and for automatics they can change shift points and firmness and modify torque management.
I'm sure a tune can be more dialed in on a dyno, but for the extra money additional gains would be negligible imo.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

do you have one RST?(mail order tune)
Old 05-13-2010, 09:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by RSTinOKC
My use of mail order is a bit misleading...I found a local guy with the help of these forums that does what he calls a pcm edit for 70 bucks. A couple of others from here vouched for him, and I figure for the money I can't go wrong...my thinking is that I don't need a full dyno tune with the stock'ish setup. He says his pcm edit is the equivalent of a mail order.
Not exactly, and not yet lol...going to see this guy this coming Monday, and I hope to dyno it toward the end of this month.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

oh,okay, keep us informed!
Old 05-14-2010, 09:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It's in MD about 60 miles away from my place. Should have it in the morning. Replacement wing got here today. 04 tails hopefully in the morning too or Monday. Unfortunally I don't have tags for it.

Quick Reply: Found an RST