Notices
Silverado SS, Joe Gibbs Editions, SSR Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |Engine | Body | News

New 2006 Silverado SS(Pics)

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 04:13 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glendale ........... 43rd Ave. just south of Cactus Rd. Yeah I just remember when the extreme s-10's first came out a whole bunch of people including myself thought they were gonna be the successor to the syclone/typhoon. that was until people actually drove them and realized they couldnt even compare.
Old 05-05-2005, 05:37 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by redaddiction
We should never get our hopes up. GM"s flagship is the Corvette and nothing they have built has had a better motor than what they put in it. I say we just keep building our own sport trucks it makes them more individual plus it's always fun to say you built it.
I know what you are saying. I was actually suprised that they used the LS2 in the GTO with the same power rating. Even though they are not competition for each other it suprised me. I dont think they would ever have a car with a power rated higher, but maybe a truck?
That would be nice.
Old 05-06-2005, 03:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

You guys can take this for what its worth and it might be soemthing that we never see and I have or reason what so ever to make this up. I was told by a guy that GM is working on or playing with a supercharged fullsize truck. he didnt say RC or SC. The reason he knows is becuase they are testing some of his products on this. Who knows! The guy isnt BSing either. It would be cool but I wouldnt buy one but Im wishful for you guys that would!
Old 05-06-2005, 05:50 PM
TECH Addict

You guys can take this for what its worth and it might be soemthing that we never see and I have or reason what so ever to make this up. I was told by a guy that GM is working on or playing with a supercharged fullsize truck. he didnt say RC or SC. The reason he knows is becuase they are testing some of his products on this. Who knows! The guy isnt BSing either. It would be cool but I wouldnt buy one but Im wishful for you guys that would!
I could see GM supercharging a truck.....but it would probably be something like a crew cab HD with heavy-*** 22's; kinda like the Dodge Quad Cab srt10.
Old 05-07-2005, 12:20 PM
On The Tree

The new SS sounds like a vho with diff. badges?
Old 05-09-2005, 12:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Intimidator, huh? Well,let's see...

They have:

345 HP engine pushing an extended cab 1500 truck via 2WD.

I have:

~400 HP engine (HPTuners says 460, but I think that's SAE gross) pushing a regular cab 1500 truck via 4WD.

Yeah, I'm really intimidated.

Oh, I almost forgot, I also have disk brakes on all four wheels.
Old 05-09-2005, 12:54 AM
TECH Junkie

lol @ gmcdude...

They are making a RC SS Silverado in 07' for almost certian. There were spy photos of that and the come back of the Camaro's, however, I cant find them on the comp. My uncle has them, he has a lot of ties with Hardy Cheverolet. I dont think the Silverado pics are published online yet but he says he has a hand taken photo of one and so i need to get that and scan it for you all... be patient bc he lives a ways away and I work 45hrs + a week. But i will get them.

I almost like building up my truck myself, I know what you all are saying about them just putting out a bad truck from the get go. But, for now, i love doing it all myself. However, when I turn about 70 yrs old.. i think i would like to have something from the factory that would smoke most any truck on the road.
Old 05-09-2005, 11:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

i dont think theyll make a singlecab because they wont sell enough. most people that will buy em would be kids... and it would be hard for them to afford. just what i think
Old 05-09-2005, 12:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by hyper
i dont think theyll make a singlecab because they wont sell enough. most people that will buy em would be kids... and it would be hard for them to afford. just what i think
I dono. Ford never seemed to have problems selling Lightnings.
Old 05-09-2005, 05:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by GoldenVelvet
I dono. Ford never seemed to have problems selling Lightnings.
True That!!

Quick Reply: New 2006 Silverado SS(Pics)