Notices
Silverado SS, Joe Gibbs Editions, SSR Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |Engine | Body | News

Regency RST Complete Write-Up Info

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 06:05 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NyteSnyper
Heh, looks just like me makin a run. Best I've been able to pull is a 14.2 @ 108... Just cant get out of the hole.
your mostly stock right?

i have just found that i had to completely redo my high/low octane and base idle timeing tables and the truck rips out of the stop lights now. i have to feather the clutch to keep from breaking her loose. plus i have reduced my knock retard and got rid of the burst knock all together.

i dont know if you can tune your truck or if someone else did but i figured id just throught that out there.
Old 06-18-2009, 12:31 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by RED04REGENCYRST
your mostly stock right?

i have just found that i had to completely redo my high/low octane and base idle timeing tables and the truck rips out of the stop lights now. i have to feather the clutch to keep from breaking her loose. plus i have reduced my knock retard and got rid of the burst knock all together.

i dont know if you can tune your truck or if someone else did but i figured id just throught that out there.
Yeah, mostly stock. Just got the cam, the blower, a stg3 clutch and fans with the full exhaust package. I debated changin all the timing and stuff but i dont think thats where my problem lies. I just simply cant hook worth a . I may end up doin a T56 in the long run, cuz 3rd gear truck just seems to hit a brick wall til about 75mph... then she rips all the way to redline...
Old 06-18-2009, 01:16 PM
formerly 2004RST (changed 11/19/2012)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

on another note i just got ahold of some 02 16" stockers that im gonna run some drs on and get some new track times. just gotta get the cash for the drs.
and of course you got 16's because i think i saw a set of 17's for sale at a reasonable price...

off topic has anyone bought anything from that regency auto parts yet? if money wasn't so fu$@#d up right now i would have already...but yeah it is...
Old 06-18-2009, 03:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

the shifter locatoin is about 12" back from the hole that the 5-speed comes through and you would need a 26 spline clutch setup. other than that, yeah the vss connector is the same but you have to retune for the different speedo gear inside the t-56, and the reverse light plug is the same.

i talked to a gm mechanic friend of mine and he said that he thought the cruise control settings were in the body module and you would need a tech2 or something to go in there and reprogram that. just an fyi.

you will need to step up the gear in the rear end too or be doomed to gas mileage and no go out of the whole. i finally stepped up to 4.88 gears after breaking the 4.56s and i effin love them. the truck gets up and hauls ***.
thanks for the info, im not worried about cruse control cause my truck doesn't have it. the t56 has a gear for the speedo? i know mine doesn't. i think i will wait a while for the t56 though, thanks again.

different topic, i made a 0-60 run of my truck, what do you think? i screwed up on the take off. and didn't run it for all it has, i only hit 3/4 throttle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BDjqXjPudo

Last edited by 5speedsilverado; 06-18-2009 at 08:22 PM.
Old 06-19-2009, 05:48 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by NyteSnyper
Yeah, mostly stock. Just got the cam, the blower, a stg3 clutch and fans with the full exhaust package. I debated changin all the timing and stuff but i dont think thats where my problem lies. I just simply cant hook worth a . I may end up doin a T56 in the long run, cuz 3rd gear truck just seems to hit a brick wall til about 75mph... then she rips all the way to redline...
yeah i missed the part bout the supercharger, lol. that would give you a bit of a problem out of the hole.

Originally Posted by 2004RST
and of course you got 16's because i think i saw a set of 17's for sale at a reasonable price...
there was a trichevy show here last weekend and i got a great deal on the 16s. got 4 wheels for $80, no tires. and im gon back to stock brakes so they should work just fine. now to get the money to put rubber on them.

off topic has anyone bought anything from that regency auto parts yet? if money wasn't so fu$@#d up right now i would have already...but yeah it is...
not yet but from talkin with them they dont seem to be too bad in the customer service department, but of course they are still tryin to get my money.
Old 06-19-2009, 06:12 AM
formerly 2004RST (changed 11/19/2012)

not yet but from talkin with them they dont seem to be too bad in the customer service department, but of course they are still tryin to get my money.
does that make them ******?
Old 06-19-2009, 10:16 AM
TECH Resident

does that make them ******?
no, but it seems lately that most of these aftermarket parts suppliers, once they get their hand on your money they dont give a anymore.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:33 PM
Teching In

My son and I showed our 2006 Jon Moss RST this past weekend at the GM Carlisle show in Penn. We won first place in our class, Chevy Silverado. Everything was grouped together. We were the only 2 wheel drive truck in the class.
plumber 1
Old 06-29-2009, 09:34 PM
Teching In

My son and I showed our 2006 Jon Moss RST this past weekend at the GM Carlisle show in Penn. We won first place in our class, Chevy Silverado. Everything was grouped together. We were the only 2 wheel drive truck in the class.
plumber 1
Old 06-30-2009, 04:49 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Plumber 1
plumber 1
sweet man. glad to hear that. congrats.

Quick Reply: Regency RST Complete Write-Up Info