Notices
Silverado SS, Joe Gibbs Editions, SSR Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |Engine | Body | News

Regency RST Complete Write-Up Info

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 01:21 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice job on representing us Plumber1! I just thought I'd check in here and say hi since it's been a while. I finally stopped being a tight *** and ordered a few things for mine.

ARH longtubes/no cats
Corsa Sport
Wideband A/F gauge
Boost pressure gauge

It's been a while so here's the rundown. Truck currently has the RST add-ons and the old Wheel 2 Wheel Rotrex base kit. (non-intercooled) On a super conservative tune (W2W's) it made 300rwhp/335rwtq with 130-140 flipping degree IATs!

I'll get numbers up after the exhaust and gauges go on..that way we actually know how much boost it's making. I'll be surprised if it doesn't make at least 40 more hp. If it doesn't fare as well as I hope I'm going to put a meth kit on it to control the IATs and find out where I can get a smaller pulley!
Old 07-01-2009, 02:43 PM
RST
Staging Lane

hey guys I wanna level out the rst would longer shackles work or do I need the reverse kit. if shackles work wat size would I need em
Old 07-02-2009, 08:30 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by RST
hey guys I wanna level out the rst would longer shackles work or do I need the reverse kit. if shackles work wat size would I need em
As far as I know, the shackles that the RST's come with are the longest you can buy. There is two sets of adjustment holes on the ones that the RST's come with. I moved my leafsprings to the upper set of holes and it seems to have leveled out the back end of my RST. There are a whole bunch of posts in this thread about it. You just have to look for them.
Old 07-05-2009, 02:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

Hey guys...i got a black n white stripped new body style rst but it didnt come w the ssbc caliper covers....anyone know where i can get them?

A cousin of mines has an 04 black n red stripped rst but he took of the whole front end and the back roll pan off because he got "tired" of it n he sold it to me...before i bought my rst i was planning to make one but when i saw my rst i just fell in love w it n had to have it so my plans changed....now im stuck w these 04 parts n id be willing to sell em...got them for 600...anyone interested?

Happy late 4th of july!
Old 07-05-2009, 09:32 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by FrankyRST
Hey guys...i got a black n white stripped new body style rst but it didnt come w the ssbc caliper covers....anyone know where i can get them?

A cousin of mines has an 04 black n red stripped rst but he took of the whole front end and the back roll pan off because he got "tired" of it n he sold it to me...before i bought my rst i was planning to make one but when i saw my rst i just fell in love w it n had to have it so my plans changed....now im stuck w these 04 parts n id be willing to sell em...got them for 600...anyone interested?

Happy late 4th of july!
First off, welcome to the RST family! As far as the caliper covers... I am not sure if the NNBS brakes are the same as the NBS brakes...you would have to look into that... I would just buy some caliper paint and do em' up real nice that way... As far as the parts you wanna sell, put them in the classifieds section of this forum. They'll sell, trust me.....
Old 07-05-2009, 12:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks, ill try posting the parts up later...as for the calipers they came painted red but i was looking for the ssbc caliper covers all the new style rst come with
Old 07-05-2009, 05:25 PM
On The Tree

congrats on the truck! Do you have a NBS RST(04-06,07 classic) or a NNBS RST(07-up)?
I think thats what 1quickrst was asking.
Old 07-05-2009, 06:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Its an 09 NNBS....got it in october....after I went back to the dealer a couple months later they told me it was the last regency shipped out to california....dont know it thats true or not

btw....i was gonna post up those parts in the classified section but i saw that it says u need a certain amount of post or be a member for 6 months to try n sell anything
Old 07-05-2009, 10:59 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by FrankyRST
Its an 09 NNBS....got it in october....after I went back to the dealer a couple months later they told me it was the last regency shipped out to california....dont know it thats true or not

btw....i was gonna post up those parts in the classified section but i saw that it says u need a certain amount of post or be a member for 6 months to try n sell anything
i was gonna say something bout you being new and trying to sell stuff.

as far as regency, they are done for. but if you read through this thread youll learn what to watch on these trucks and what problems we have had. there are shops out there selling rst parts but watch yourself some of them are hacks.
welcome to the rst family/curse.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

honestly guys......if you could go back to the day you bought your rst......would you do it all over again?

Quick Reply: Regency RST Complete Write-Up Info