Notices
Silverado SS, Joe Gibbs Editions, SSR Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |Engine | Body | News

Regency RST Complete Write-Up Info

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 12:13 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No regrets here... I regret jumping into the forced induction world before the truck was ready to put all the power it makes to the ground... still fun, but dont regret getting the truck at all...
Old 07-07-2009, 05:51 AM
TECH Resident

i dont regret my truck at all but knowing what i know now i wouldnt have bought a rst i would have built one. regency's parts are more show than functionally durable. the more you use the truck the more the condition of the regency parts fades.

i love my truck and wouldnt trade it for anything, but for what the truck really is from the dealer and the cost of it, i could have taken a w/t like regency and done so much more with less money.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:57 AM
On The Tree

i have to agree. i love my truck and also wouldnt trade it. but like red04 said you could build your own for less. but honestly knowing what i now know i would have waited and bought a TBSS. seats more than 2 people and AWD means year long fun in NY. but i wouldnt sell my truck at all.
Old 07-07-2009, 05:46 PM
Launching!

Do any of you guys know where i can get the 3m tape that holds the spolier on? I cant find anything strong enough and mine is now falling off.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:29 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 04RST
Do any of you guys know where i can get the 3m tape that holds the spolier on? I cant find anything strong enough and mine is now falling off.
Any of your local body shops should have some and may sell it to you for cheap, or tell you where they buy it. Stuff comes in some pretty big rolls so idk if itd be worth your while to buy a whole roll of it. Havent looked at mine in a while (which is also falling off) but i'll bet its held on with the 1/2" or maybe even 3/4". Around here most all of the auto paint supply stores have it in stock. If they stock auto 3m tape (the green stuff) they probably have the double-sided tape. (maybe even oreilly or autozone, but i havent been to those places in forever, so idk about them)
Old 07-07-2009, 08:13 PM
On The Tree

i dont remember who but one of the guys here used windshield adhesive to secure it!! i have to redo mine as well.
Old 07-08-2009, 05:43 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by nojpsht04rst
i dont remember who but one of the guys here used windshield adhesive to secure it!! i have to redo mine as well.
that would be me and it hasnt moved since the day it was glued on. im happy with it. now if i ever have to remove it i may be in deep ****.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:54 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by FrankyRST
honestly guys......if you could go back to the day you bought your rst......would you do it all over again?
Good question.... I would have to say yes, because I have never owned a vehicle as long as I have owned my truck and I still love driving it. It just puts a smile on my face, especially when I shine it up and go cruising.....
Old 07-08-2009, 01:41 PM
Teching In

Default About rst front Glass stickr !!

Hii All
please where can i find the RST Front glass stick i want to change my glass but it haard to find the stickr for the rst please i need a help
Old 07-08-2009, 02:18 PM
On The Tree

there is a company that posted in this thread that has them. i think its called regencydecals.com or something like that. but any stocker shop worth their stuff should be able to make one

Quick Reply: Regency RST Complete Write-Up Info