Notices
Silverado SS, Joe Gibbs Editions, SSR Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |Engine | Body | News

Regency RST Complete Write-Up Info

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 08:48 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im goin to put stainless flex joints between the engine and the muffler and then put flex joints by the tips and hard mount the tips in the roll pan. also im going to stiffen up the roll pan.
Old 01-16-2010, 01:37 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by RED04REGENCYRST
sorry im late to the party. lol

Silver - i never knew they made a silver w/black stripes. not to be a deputy downer, but your truck isnt a clone by chance is it? got any pics (inside and out) we can see to see if you have all the legit **** on the truck. if it is legit you have a truck that is more rare than the jon moss rsts.

as far as being worth something, that is kinda hard to say. these are pretty much cookie cutter trucks. not really built with high quality parts, and probably too many produced over the years. these truck will appeal to the hotrod and gearheads only, so it kinda narrows down the resale market. in 20+ years i could see a low miles mint rst getting close to what you paid for it from some collector, but thats about it. and the truck would have to be a grage queen to survive that long. i have had to replace almost everything regency put on the truck.

Yes its an actual RST. Keep in mind tho my truck is an 05. I bought it from the dealer a yr and a half ago with only 348 actual miles on it... my area 2 wheel drive trucks arent a must have, 4x4 are

I hope its not going to be worth what i paid for it in 20 yrs because i bascially stole the truck from the dealer... I paid under 15k with a trade in on my 04 monte carlo, so i hope barrett Jackson's still around xD

What really F'ing sux is that when i bought it regency (at the time) said they would give me the full 3 yr warrently considering it was a new vehicle still... well about a month ago i had to buy new rotors for it cause the front disc rotors had cracks in them... 9000 miles on the rotors and they had cracks, i was PISSED! Regency is out of business... no warrenty... the Manufacter of the Rotors (cause they are obviously defective) went out of business too... and supposedly the guy who's got all of regency's parts and crap is the only person in ALL of US that sells these damn rotors... (14" drilled and slotted)

Not too happy after that one...
Old 01-16-2010, 07:41 AM
formerly 2004RST (changed 11/19/2012)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the rotors are either Baer or SSBC whom to my knowledge are both still in business?

besides that how serious were the cracks...were they like little stress cracks or bigger actual preventing stopping cracks?
Old 01-16-2010, 12:16 PM
TECH Resident

Even if regency was still in business they wouldnt warranty brakes. They will always claim abuse, even after only 9k. I think the only way to get warranty on rotors is if the hub of the rotor failed. I went through the same thing.

Btw, nice find on the truck.
Old 01-18-2010, 01:02 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 2004RST
the rotors are either Baer or SSBC whom to my knowledge are both still in business?

besides that how serious were the cracks...were they like little stress cracks or bigger actual preventing stopping cracks?

The one rotor had 2 cracks right down it where it was drilled. They were 3 in. from each other and could have broke off easily... The other rotor had rly small cracks starting, nothing serious tho...

I got screwed tho... The dealer said he'd pay for everything if i switch it all back too stock... When u got a wife and a kid, $600 for 2 rotors is too much to spend, so its back to stock... (for now)
Old 01-18-2010, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by Silver05Rst
The one rotor had 2 cracks right down it where it was drilled. They were 3 in. from each other and could have broke off easily... The other rotor had rly small cracks starting, nothing serious tho...

I got screwed tho... The dealer said he'd pay for everything if i switch it all back too stock... When u got a wife and a kid, $600 for 2 rotors is too much to spend, so its back to stock... (for now)
still have the rotor that you said wasn't very bad? did you go back to stock on all 4 or just the front 2?
Old 01-18-2010, 09:35 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 2004RST
still have the rotor that you said wasn't very bad? did you go back to stock on all 4 or just the front 2?
No, I figured if it was starting to crack it's junk ne ways so i scraped it.

The Front 2 are stock now... They are back to the stock silverado disc's in the front and the back were always drums.

either way u look at it, it still sucks...
Old 01-19-2010, 07:39 AM

oh that's right i forgot that on the silverados they did drums on the rears
Old 01-19-2010, 08:56 AM
Launching!

They didn't do drums on all silverado's.....only 2004 RSTs, whether GMC or Chevy came with rear disc. All 2005s and newer came with rear drums.
Old 01-19-2010, 12:12 PM

don't think they did drum rears on the GMC 04's though did they? at least not on mine

Quick Reply: Regency RST Complete Write-Up Info