Notices
Silverado SS, Joe Gibbs Editions, SSR Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |Engine | Body | News

Regency RST Complete Write-Up Info

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 12:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't know Quik was banned? Oh well, I ran into him on another forum. I did end up pming hirdlej last night about a trans question.

I know with anything I'll want more. At least when I go to do what ever I do down the road there will be more gains. At least those are my thoughts.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

bbatts. There are a handful of us on here. I've only seen 2 others since I've had mine. One in Manchester PA and one in Richmond VA. They are out there. Regency went under so I really don't think there are anyway to track these by VIN. I know I've looked mine up and it comes up as a plain Jane Sierra. This thread is old but the best way to get any info on these at all is to read it in its entirety. I've done it 3 or 4 times.

Good luck and with 900 miles on it I say jump on it.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Red that was an awesome vid. That's going to be the way I have to launch other wise I'll have nv3500 all over the track. lol
Old 07-12-2010, 01:07 PM
TECH Resident

bbatts - everything you wanted to know about rst's is in this thread, granted it is 160+ pages, but it is here. from every problem we have had with these things to the vendors you can get parts from now. as far as tracking the build number of a truck, there isnt any. all of the conversions were done after the trucks were produced. i am the original owner of my rst and there are no numbers on any of the paperwork i have, and other rst owners have confirmed the same. basically these are "cookie-cutter" vehicles. there is no custom fabrication on any of these trucks from regency, just "look good" parts slapped on.
Old 07-12-2010, 01:11 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by jadaven
Red that was an awesome vid. That's going to be the way I have to launch other wise I'll have nv3500 all over the track. lol
yeah, im still workin on my launch, but i think i have an idea that is putting me in the right direction. if you beat me to the track, try to rev high and slip the clutch off the line. hears my thoughts, if i rev to say 4500rpm and lightly slip the clutch i should leave the line at a good rate of speed without the loss of traction. then again everything works in my head.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah, I might head out with the 4.8 one or two more times. Let you know how it goes.
Old 07-13-2010, 08:21 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by RED04REGENCYRST
yeah, im still workin on my launch, but i think i have an idea that is putting me in the right direction. if you beat me to the track, try to rev high and slip the clutch off the line. hears my thoughts, if i rev to say 4500rpm and lightly slip the clutch i should leave the line at a good rate of speed without the loss of traction. then again everything works in my head.

You got the right idea billy. Last saturday/ every saturday at my local drag strip u pay like $20 to run as many passes as u want. I got my moneys worth last saturday LOL. I ran the out of my truck and will probably need new tires by the end on this month ... Anyways the point im getting to is... I was mainly there to work on my reaction time but once i did a few passes i started working on my launch since my times kept being in the low 16s but with an reaction time of like a .8 to .6 which puzzled the hell outta me... so i played with it starting out at 1,500 rpm and going up from there...

Conclusion... with our trucks to get an actual GOOD launch ur gonna need slicks *FACT* ... i got some REALLY sticky tires and even with that i still spun at the launch... EVERY TIME!!! ... but my best time got me my 15.60 with a reaction of .66 ... but i had it rev'd to 3,000 rpm on take off and had a decent (key word decent) hook up.

I guarantee you if we had slicks on us and we launched off the line at 4,000 rpm and had one awesome reaction time, we'd be in the VERY low 15's.

lol only probblem with that is when u start getting into the big power with slicks and launching at that rpm... ur gonna start breaking LOL!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-13-2010, 08:25 PM
Launching!

O and btw RED... i still want to steal ur truck

I'd want to put the 4.88's in my truck if i could like urs but its still my everyday driver so i think 4.10's is as big as im gonna go lol

I also totally agree with the front mounted turbo... now just have to wait 16yrs for the kid to go to college HAHAHAHAHA jkjk
Old 07-13-2010, 09:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

We'll Friday I'll be putting my LS6 cam (that I just bought) on eBay. Mainly because everyone here knows how much I paid for it. Also the JBA headers will go on there too. So I'm hoping to get $350 for all of it. I will have just enough to go grab the 6L I want. I could go get it now but I really like having cash in my savings account.
Old 07-14-2010, 06:00 AM
TECH Resident

jadaven, i know what you mean. oh, and when you swap motors i strongly recommend changing the slave cylinder to a f-body slave, and before you put anything back together get a clamp or something to compress the slave all the way and bleed it before you put the motor back in. the difference in the slaves is the f-body is more durable, other than that the two are identical.

thanks silver, btw you should go no lower than a 4.56 gear if your gonna run a t56. anything lower than that and you loose any fuel economy you were hoping to get, due to the fact that you make the motor work so hard on take-off. and you wont have anything off the line. believe me i know where you are coming from, i wanted the same thing, but after changing to the 4.56 i couldnt believe what i was missing, and then when i went to the 4.88 it felt exactly like a f-body with a 4.10 gear. next month im hoping to get the truck on the dyno again and see what im putting down. i want to get to the strip a couple of times too, to dial the truck in more.

3.73 w/ t56
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK7PpwP_bOs

4.56 w/ t56
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56Uw6...eature=related

Quick Reply: Regency RST Complete Write-Up Info