Notices
Silverado SS, Joe Gibbs Editions, SSR Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |Engine | Body | News

Regency RST Complete Write-Up Info

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 05:55 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that jet system is like a handheld as far as tuning goes. once you start to get into more modding your gonna need something that give you more flexibility. what i mean is with the jet product, from what i saw, either your of the shelf tune is on or its off. you need the ability to change each table to get the biggest gains from your parts. paying a tuner to tune your truck is the easiest way, but that leaves you at the mercy of your tuner and always shelling out money with new mods. a program like hptuners, or efi live will give you the flexibility to get the most power out of every mod you do.

for right now your ok with the jet, but if you cam the truck, there is a good possibility that your truck wont get the full potential out of the new cam.

the only reason you would need an aftermarket maf is if you were fi and running a maf tune and the airflow in was going above the limits of stock maf. also an aftermarket maf would require tuning and calibration to work properly, i.e. not worth the $300 -$400 bucks.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:29 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by RED04REGENCYRST
that jet system is like a handheld as far as tuning goes. once you start to get into more modding your gonna need something that give you more flexibility. what i mean is with the jet product, from what i saw, either your of the shelf tune is on or its off. you need the ability to change each table to get the biggest gains from your parts. paying a tuner to tune your truck is the easiest way, but that leaves you at the mercy of your tuner and always shelling out money with new mods. a program like hptuners, or efi live will give you the flexibility to get the most power out of every mod you do.

for right now your ok with the jet, but if you cam the truck, there is a good possibility that your truck wont get the full potential out of the new cam.

the only reason you would need an aftermarket maf is if you were fi and running a maf tune and the airflow in was going above the limits of stock maf. also an aftermarket maf would require tuning and calibration to work properly, i.e. not worth the $300 -$400 bucks.

Ok cool. Thank you so much Red for ur advice!!!

Yea, i have to call nelson sometime next week to have them mail me another tune to the specs of the new cam, luckily i only have to pay the shipping fee but i think its well worth it. The cam shouldbe here on the 3rd of august according to the site.
Old 07-24-2010, 10:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think I'm fixing to break down and buy hptuners...like RED04 says, you're always at the mercy of your tuner; alot of those guys are pretty moody and they all think they're the best lol. If you want somethng done right you gotta do it yer self
Old 07-25-2010, 01:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tuning is 95% of the fun man, atleast for me. Read and learn the basics, then play and tweak.
Old 07-25-2010, 08:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I've thought about it too. I just don't want to screw to much up.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:25 PM
On The Tree

Finally got mine back... here's some pics of it at the shop the night before I got it... Gotta get the exhaust put back on to make it street legal again and I'll get some more pics...

Name:  15.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  26.7 KB

Name:  17.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  31.0 KB

Now I should get some traction...
Old 07-27-2010, 07:38 PM
Staging Lane

That thing looks evil, need more pics of it.

I finaly got around to swaping out the beat foose wheels for a set of gm 20s

Name:  IMG_0267.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  150.8 KB

Name:  IMG_0271.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  121.2 KB

Last edited by MattSideUp; 07-27-2010 at 07:44 PM. Reason: Pictures
Old 07-27-2010, 09:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, both are very nice rides. Someone wants some traction aye? lol
Old 07-29-2010, 12:19 AM
Launching!

Hey NyteSnyper, dude i love what u did to ur truck!!! Thats exactly the style bed with the big mickey thompson tires on the back. Damn... how did u go about doing that? and also if u dont mind me asking... what did that put u back $$$ wise range?
Old 07-29-2010, 09:05 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Silver05Rst
Hey NyteSnyper, dude i love what u did to ur truck!!! Thats exactly the style bed with the big mickey thompson tires on the back. Damn... how did u go about doing that? and also if u dont mind me asking... what did that put u back $$$ wise range?
Had a guy that builds drag cars and chassis do it for me. Has over $10k in parts (Fab9, Cage, Suspension, Brakes, etc), with labor and all came to just over 18k. I was going to do it all myself, but decided I'd rather have someone that has been doin this pretty much their whole life do it, and I couldn't be happier. Looks like it came from the factory that way, hah.

Quick Reply: Regency RST Complete Write-Up Info