Notices
Silverado SS, Joe Gibbs Editions, SSR Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |Engine | Body | News

Regency RST Complete Write-Up Info

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 03:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you get the Trick e-fans?
Old 08-06-2010, 10:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got a set of LS1 fans cheap.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:14 PM
TECH Resident

i was stopped at a stoplight, there was a 04ish mustang gt in front of me. i wasnt messin with him or anything, but thought it would be fun to run him. as the light turn green he gets on it some, so i jump on it too. he pulls out in front about 60ft. he sees me get on it and lays into it all the way. i hit second and start closing the gap with easy, by the time i hit third im about 10ft off of his rear bumper and there is another light coming up. i got the run to pass but im already doin 80mph in a 55 and the town im bout to enter is horrible for cops, so i back it down. get to the light and pull up beside the gt and the look on the driver's face is epic wtf kind of look. i start rofling, it was great. just figured id share.

Last edited by RED04REGENCYRST; 08-07-2010 at 09:30 PM.
Old 08-08-2010, 11:51 AM
formerly 2004RST (changed 11/19/2012)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey billy how's that powdercoat on the wheels holdin up for you? after the winter months i would imagine a lil tarnish?
Old 08-08-2010, 11:43 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by RED04REGENCYRST
i was stopped at a stoplight, there was a 04ish mustang gt in front of me. i wasnt messin with him or anything, but thought it would be fun to run him. as the light turn green he gets on it some, so i jump on it too. he pulls out in front about 60ft. he sees me get on it and lays into it all the way. i hit second and start closing the gap with easy, by the time i hit third im about 10ft off of his rear bumper and there is another light coming up. i got the run to pass but im already doin 80mph in a 55 and the town im bout to enter is horrible for cops, so i back it down. get to the light and pull up beside the gt and the look on the driver's face is epic wtf kind of look. i start rofling, it was great. just figured id share.

HAHAHAHA!!! Thats GREAT!!!!!
Old 08-08-2010, 11:58 PM
Launching!

Quick question... Does anyone know of any sites that has a "how to" install guide to changing a cam in these motors... I've been doing alot of thinking and i think i could do it myself (i have all the tools cause my dad has a shop for working on Semi's) so i think I could do this cam swap myself when it comes in... and yes, im still waiting for it (dont go there...)

Any help would be much appreciated!!!
Old 08-09-2010, 05:45 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 2004RST
hey billy how's that powdercoat on the wheels holdin up for you? after the winter months i would imagine a lil tarnish?
well the truck hasnt seen winter driving in last 2 years, and the new wheels are painted black from the manufacture. the finish is great, i cant complain bout it at all.

the foose wheels that i sold were powder coated after being acid dipped, and it still pitted more under the powder coat and ended up flaking the powder coat off around the hoop. id buy them back and fix them now, but one of them has a jacked up rim, like un-repairable jacked up.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:07 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Silver05Rst
Quick question... Does anyone know of any sites that has a "how to" install guide to changing a cam in these motors... I've been doing alot of thinking and i think i could do it myself (i have all the tools cause my dad has a shop for working on Semi's) so i think I could do this cam swap myself when it comes in... and yes, im still waiting for it (dont go there...)

Any help would be much appreciated!!!
vid to give you a couple of ideas
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qf2N7n5DnyQ

f-body write-up
http://www.ls1howto.com/index.php?article=23

everything is pretty much the same, make sure to pull the radiator and jack the truck up enough to drop the a/c condinser (sp?) down out of the way. so that when you slide the cam out of the motor you dont have to worry bout anything. do a search on here for cam swap before you dive in to get a better idea of tips and tricks guys on here use.

installing a ls2 double timing chain set would also be some cheap insurance too. i think tsp has them pretty cheap.

TIP: when you turn the cam to stick the lifters in their trays, due to mileage, they may not stay up. one member used those magnet on a stick and stuck them down through the push rod hole, he got 16 of them from the dollar store or something to hold the lifters up.

so, ah, what happened to aug. 3 delivery date?????? jfwy
Old 08-14-2010, 02:28 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by RED04REGENCYRST
vid to give you a couple of ideas
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qf2N7n5DnyQ

f-body write-up
http://www.ls1howto.com/index.php?article=23

everything is pretty much the same, make sure to pull the radiator and jack the truck up enough to drop the a/c condinser (sp?) down out of the way. so that when you slide the cam out of the motor you dont have to worry bout anything. do a search on here for cam swap before you dive in to get a better idea of tips and tricks guys on here use.

installing a ls2 double timing chain set would also be some cheap insurance too. i think tsp has them pretty cheap.

TIP: when you turn the cam to stick the lifters in their trays, due to mileage, they may not stay up. one member used those magnet on a stick and stuck them down through the push rod hole, he got 16 of them from the dollar store or something to hold the lifters up.

so, ah, what happened to aug. 3 delivery date?????? jfwy

TY for the help sir!!!!!!!!

Just like u said before... they keep pushing the date back from when summit racing will even be receiving the cam to send to me. Its making me UBER !!!!!!!!!!! They said it should be in at the end of this month but ill believe it when i see it pretty much... Idk, since its getting close to winter by the time ill probably get it u think i should wait till spring to install it? Its my daily driver tho fyi
Old 08-16-2010, 05:49 AM
TECH Resident

installing the cam, would depend on what your tuner could do over the winter. if your getting a dyno tune and have to go to a shop you may be able to get a cheaper rate on the tune. if its a mail order you might have some problems with cold weather, its hard to say.

at this point you have waited this long, i would cancel my order, get a refund and find someone to cut a cam for my setup. but thats me. good luck with getting your cam soon.

Quick Reply: Regency RST Complete Write-Up Info