Notices
Silverado SS, Joe Gibbs Editions, SSR Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |Engine | Body | News

Regency RST Complete Write-Up Info

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 05:55 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RSTinOKC
ito707, I think there may have been some measurements posted a few pages back in this thread

On another note, I just ordered my HP Tuners VCM Suite Standard...can't wait to get it
youll love the hptuners once you learn to use it properly. i ended up buying a manual for it to learn all the little details, and im very happy with it.
Old 11-27-2010, 06:06 PM
TECH Resident

well, its not a huge upgrade, but it is a nice one.

the rst pedals started to shed their rubber inserts, so i came up with a game plan to change the setup. here is what came of it...(sorry for the cell phone pics)

RST Factory
Name:  pedals.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  12.9 KB

Shaved RST Pedal

Compairison
Name:  IMAG0102.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  384.8 KB
Name:  IMAG0101.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  344.9 KB

Completed on the truck
Name:  IMAG0138.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  312.0 KB
Name:  IMAG0139.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  310.9 KB
Old 11-27-2010, 07:57 PM
12 Second Club

I recently bought a 05 sierra rst. So far i'm loving the truck, but I have a little bit of a concern. My truck has the 22" foose wheels and it will rub the fenders on the wheels over big bumps as well as rub the wheels on the sway bar at full lock. Is this normal?
Old 11-28-2010, 12:13 AM
Launching!

nice Red, i like the pedals!!! but dude, vacums are ur friend HAHAHAHAH jkjk!!

Phantom, im not rly sure about ur problem to be honest, but ik for a fact if u switch to 20in u'll have no problem with rubbing when u turn or hit big bumps... unless ur like me and go over big dips at 120+ and ur truck almost bottoms out and tires rub on the plastic inside the top of the wheel well, but hey, thats just me xD lol...

I actually have a question of my own...

Cam install got put on hold due to finacial crap in my life, but thank god for tax returns am i right? anywho... probably around the end of feb early march im gonna send it to a local specialty shop who gonna install the cam, timing chain, and a valve train kit which includes... valve springs, retainers, locks and all that fun stuff... back to my question... I was gonna get some pushrods to have them put them in since its gonna be apart and should probably have them do ne ways, so my question is whats a good set to put in it for the 4.8L? I saw some at the patriot site that were 7.400 for like $100 for the LS1's but wasnt sure if those were the right ones that i need to put on...

any help would be much appreciated
Old 11-28-2010, 12:08 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Silver05Rst
nice Red, i like the pedals!!! but dude, vacums are ur friend HAHAHAHAH jkjk!!

I actually have a question of my own...

Cam install got put on hold due to finacial crap in my life, but thank god for tax returns am i right? anywho... probably around the end of feb early march im gonna send it to a local specialty shop who gonna install the cam, timing chain, and a valve train kit which includes... valve springs, retainers, locks and all that fun stuff... back to my question... I was gonna get some pushrods to have them put them in since its gonna be apart and should probably have them do ne ways, so my question is whats a good set to put in it for the 4.8L? I saw some at the patriot site that were 7.400 for like $100 for the LS1's but wasnt sure if those were the right ones that i need to put on...

any help would be much appreciated

First off lmao

you can find harden pushrods else where for cheaper. i want to say tsp or thunderracing have the 7.4" for less than that. maybe even summit. but unless the base circle of your cam is different than stock or the lift is extremely high, the 7.4" should be all you need. ask the speed shop that is doing the work just to be sure.
Old 11-28-2010, 12:53 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by RED04REGENCYRST
First off lmao

you can find harden pushrods else where for cheaper. i want to say tsp or thunderracing have the 7.4" for less than that. maybe even summit. but unless the base circle of your cam is different than stock or the lift is extremely high, the 7.4" should be all you need. ask the speed shop that is doing the work just to be sure.

LOL!!! Aighty, thx again for the advice red!
Old 11-29-2010, 12:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

$100 aint bad for a set of new pushrods...just make sure they are .080 or better wall.
RED I do like the HPT. I've been like a kid with a new toy for the past couple of days.
Been fumbling around with tuning the VE, and it never fails...just when I make a breakthrough its time to quit and get ready for work lol.
Slick idea on the pedals too by the way.
Old 12-03-2010, 11:24 PM
Launching!

got another question for all you smart ppl on here...

Ok, while i'm getting this package installed (cam, valvetrain package, pushrods) im gonna have them put on a 160 thermostat... should i be swichting over to 93 octane at all? Cause ik i've seen ppl on here that havent done HUGE engine mod's to there truck that got a 93 octane tune for it.

Is it worth switching to it or is it just BS?
Old 12-04-2010, 03:01 PM
12 Second Club

Can someone here save me a lot of time and tell me what kit from ground force regency used on my 05 sierra rst? I getting real tired of bottoming out over bumps and need to order some new shocks and/or springs.

Thanks!
Old 12-06-2010, 07:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

RED, did you have the 4.8/NV3500 combo when you first got your truck?
If so, is there any torque reduction/management in the factory tune...I noticed some of the tables had values in them, and I zeroed or maxed alot of them based on some M6 guides I found, but I really didn't notice a difference?

Silver05Rst, the 160 stat will keep the engine cooler, which theoretically will combat detonation/knock more effectively than the stock 190. 93 octane has the same effect...as I understand it the higher octane you run the more timing you can safely run with your tune. Off the hip I wouldn't guess any noticeable differences in 91 vs 93. One thing I would recommend is 100% gas instead of the 90% ethanol blend no matter what octane you run.

Phantom_LS2 I have no idea what the exact part number is, but if i remember correctly its a 2/4 drop.

Quick Reply: Regency RST Complete Write-Up Info