Notices
Silverado SS, Joe Gibbs Editions, SSR Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |Engine | Body | News

Regency RST Complete Write-Up Info

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 09:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=Silver05Rst;4907579]Welp, Christmas came early

Finally things are looking up!!

http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/...RST/Wheels.jpg

wherede u get those wheels, and how much did they run you, and do the factory Regency hubcaps fit?!
Old 04-18-2012, 09:55 PM
Launching!

[QUOTE=kren7604;4907591]
Originally Posted by Silver05Rst
Welp, Christmas came early

Finally things are looking up!!

http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/...RST/Wheels.jpg

wherede u get those wheels, and how much did they run you, and do the factory Regency hubcaps fit?!

CATTIVO® 724 Wheels - Custom 724 Rims

With tax and shipping it came too just over $1000 and no the factory hubcaps do not fit it. The one's on there are alittle bigger than the regency hubcaps.

Those headers are stainless and were DIRT cheap through Texas Speed...
Old 04-21-2012, 12:48 AM
Launching!

Since everything will be new from the back on the block to the front of the rearend, should i be investing in upgrading the rearends at all? I have 4.10's in it now but i heard that the T56 likes 4.88's in it. Its got a g80 and i'd like to put posi in it, but i wasnt sure if i should just drive it till i start to have problems and then upgrade it, or if i should just spend the money now and get it overwith...

Input?
Old 04-22-2012, 07:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've heard rumors that g80's don't like gear swaps at all so you might investigate and think about a new locker at the same time.

I'm replacing my hood vinyl this weekend and got started stripping it off yesterday. Whats the best stuff for adhesive removal? I was thinking tar & bug remover or goof-off...looking for quickest/fastest but safe for paint/clearcoat.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:17 PM
Staging Lane

Taking my hood today to get it painted by a buddy of mine. Kren I used your picture to show whim how I wanted it done, thanks!

And I got it tuned this last weekend, and it runs like a beast now! Just need to get a new wing and the hood painted, and I'll be happy for now.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:25 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DefToi
Taking my hood today to get it painted by a buddy of mine. Kren I used your picture to show whim how I wanted it done, thanks!

And I got it tuned this last weekend, and it runs like a beast now! Just need to get a new wing and the hood painted, and I'll be happy for now.
Not a problem lol, it's Gona be sick when it's done!!! The only thing I remember on the demensions was I kept the 6" In between the stripes just like the factory ones and that I widened them to go down the side of the cowl as well.. Gives it a meaner look from the side
Old 04-26-2012, 12:17 PM
Staging Lane

Well I was going to get it painted. My buddy that was going to paint it got fired from his job so it's off to the body shop that painted my car.

But in the mean time, what else do you guys think I should do to my truck? Performance wise. I want a little more out of it, but I don't think there's much more I can do. Would the electric fans help me out?
Old 04-27-2012, 11:29 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by DefToi
Well I was going to get it painted. My buddy that was going to paint it got fired from his job so it's off to the body shop that painted my car.

But in the mean time, what else do you guys think I should do to my truck? Performance wise. I want a little more out of it, but I don't think there's much more I can do. Would the electric fans help me out?

eFans, LT's, ORY, Cam it with a proper tune (big gains there usually), Trickflow heads... There's tons of things u can do to it... Spray it, supercharger/turbocharger... etc...
Old 04-27-2012, 11:41 AM
Teching In

BOOOOOST that biatch.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:55 PM
Launching!

Ok, at this point im ready to FFFFFFFFFFFFFF'n scream!!!!!!!!!!!!

So listen to this ...

Order'd T-56 Magnum through American Powertrain. Come's with the bellhousing, clutch kit, shift kit, the tranny itself, driveshaft, and what ever the hell else to pretty much make it a bolt on kit...

Turns out i waited 2 and a half weeks to find out that tremec does have the materials to make the T-56's and wont have them till may 19th and THEN it will take them a week to fill the orders that american powertrain had in to ship them to them. Then it would take AP (american powertrain) at least a day or 2 to get the order rdy to ship and we are looking like its more toward the beginning of June before i'd see my kit. Meanwhile the guys at AP told me they had everything else rdy to go and ship out, they just needed the tranny...

That all being said, i decided to look around to see if anyone had a new T-56 magnum lying around to sell. Bamn, right off the bat i found a place 2 hrs away from where i live in a performance shop that had 4 of them. Sweet right? well............... Ya, it shipped and was in yesterday. Cool beans... Called AP to tell them to credit me the cost of the tranny and ship everything else overnight ASAP! Here's where i get PISSSED! ... SO Apparently they guy at AP then proceeded to tell me that he didnt realize it but they were out of shift kits and the bellhousing for the spec's of what i was suppose to get. Turns out that the bellhousing they were suppose to have "in stock" is made by Tremec... o yea, u know where this is going...
O, but it just so happened they had a $200 more expensive one that i could upgrade too. They had no idea at all when they could get the right shift kit either till tomorrow..

RLLLLLLLLLLY? RLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY?!?!?!?!?!?!?! fml...

:b ang:

This has been nothing but a nightmare the entire process so far and i havent even touched the old tranny yet...

Quick Reply: Regency RST Complete Write-Up Info