Notices
Silverado SS, Joe Gibbs Editions, SSR Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |Engine | Body | News

Regency RST Complete Write-Up Info

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 10:12 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You notice any crazy loss in braking distance ? I don't have the original speedster wheels so i want to go to a smaller wheel .
Old 07-14-2012, 10:48 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Tx5spd
You notice any crazy loss in braking distance ? I don't have the original speedster wheels so i want to go to a smaller wheel .
I didn't really notice any braking lose.
Old 07-14-2012, 10:27 PM
Staging Lane

Thanx red , not a whole lot of info on these manual trannys hoping so Gibbs guys will help me out .
Old 07-15-2012, 12:30 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the 3200 circle d is going in tomorrow. need some advice on whether tuning is needed to be an immediate thing. i already have a street tune with my shift points adjusted, torque management, higher tranny fluid pressure, a/f ratio(which is all fucked anyway since i punched the cats), and a timing advance.
now problem is, im in north carolina putting in the stall, which is my only option for various reasons i wont get into, and i have to drive to florida where i can get my current tune tweaked for free instead droppin some cash i could use to get there on, on a tune here. will it affect me a whole lot on a 14 hour drive thats only about 50 miles off highway? suggestions?
Old 07-15-2012, 12:38 AM
TECH Resident

Thanx red , not a whole lot of info on these manual trannys hoping so Gibbs guys will help me out .
A member on here (hirdelj, I may have misspelled it) ran the nv3500 behind a 6.0 for some time I believe. All I know about them is if you want to shift fast at high rpms, good luck. The syncro's weren't made for that.

Originally Posted by cope07rst
the 3200 circle d is going in tomorrow. need some advice on whether tuning is needed to be an immediate thing. i already have a street tune with my shift points adjusted, torque management, higher tranny fluid pressure, a/f ratio(which is all fucked anyway since i punched the cats), and a timing advance.
now problem is, im in north carolina putting in the stall, which is my only option for various reasons i wont get into, and i have to drive to florida where i can get my current tune tweaked for free instead droppin some cash i could use to get there on, on a tune here. will it affect me a whole lot on a 14 hour drive thats only about 50 miles off highway? suggestions?
I'm not a 100%, but you might burn up the clutches or a solenoid if the tune or too far off. If call your tuner and ask them.
Old 07-15-2012, 08:56 PM
Staging Lane

I know its in here somewhere but i cant get the search to work . You have to do any mods to get the traction bars on because I could of swore they dont work on are trucks
Old 07-15-2012, 09:32 PM
Launching!

I know its in here somewhere but i cant get the search to work . You have to do any mods to get the traction bars on because I could of swore they dont work on are trucks

I had to take a saw to the ones i bought and cut like an inch off the tips when i had them on my truck. I think it just depends on the type u buy.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:41 PM
TECH Resident

I had reaction bars and I now have cal-tracs. In my opinion don't spent money on traction bars, invest the money in some cal-tracs.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:36 PM
On The Tree

Sooo yesterday the craziest thing happened while i was driving/ racing... my Freakin Harmonic Balancer came off!!!! WTF. Im hoping the bolt just came loose and didnt strip the threads. but its too deep for me to tell. I had The chevy Dealership order me a new bolt ( which was only $6) buut i gota wait like 2 days before its in
Old 07-16-2012, 09:24 PM
Staging Lane

That's pretty strange , I love the driving/racing lol .

Quick Reply: Regency RST Complete Write-Up Info