Notices
Silverado SS, Joe Gibbs Editions, SSR Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |Engine | Body | News

Regency RST Complete Write-Up Info

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 11:26 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kren7604
Truck is back in action!!! New crank bolt ($5) and shes all fixed.. I was worried it stripped the threads an i was gona have to replace the crank but thankfully it was just the bolt

Nice man! Good to hear!

On an extremly shitty note... If ur ever in cleveland, NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER stay at the radission hotel... To keep the swear words down, lets just say the African American valet "guy" brought my truck around and right infront of my eyes curbed my brand new wheel on my passenger front. The guy gets out and just stands there and says, "sry about that man." I wanted to kill the peckerhead... and the word peckerhead is extremly mild to what i want to call him... My wheel is gouged to hell around the lip now. They have only been on my truck for 3 months now.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:52 PM
TECH Resident

Go to the valet company and turn it in. make then replace the wheel.
Old 07-20-2012, 02:32 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok red, got the stall in, and after a week of shenanigans it seems to hold up well. I'm not slamming gears or anything til the retune. But on another note I ended up having to replace the pump. Apparently pulling the tranny to the motor with the bell housing bolts was a no go, for anyone on here who may try to do the same thing and be unaware like I was. Then finally got it all worked out last night, and it spun one of the torque converter bolts off chewed it up and spit it on the ground lol. So I'm standing there thinking so much for thread locker and used the extra one I had and she's good to go.

To anyone with an automatic I would highly suggest a circle d 3200 stall cause it made a nasty difference in mine without even having it tuned for it yet. And I should be getting long tubes with an x pipe, tbss intake(sittin in the garage), and I have the slp loudmouth II mufflers to be put on all for 200 bucks. It's gonna be obnoxiously loud. Just figured I would update you fellas
Old 07-20-2012, 02:34 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And I have a question about the tbss intake... Where do you guys know of about where I can get a harness or adapter harness to make it work with my 5.3 and about how much?
If its reasonable I'll buy it, if not I'll build it.
Old 07-20-2012, 02:58 PM
TECH Resident

Search for Dr. X on here. I think the company was torque rush.

Sorry to heat bout the problems, but glad to hear it's running.
Old 07-20-2012, 05:40 PM
On The Tree

just broke another bolt..tourqued it to the required torque specs and used red locktite, this was the first time i was hard on it since i put in the new bolt 3 days ago.. dumped her in first an Boom break the ******* bolt.. any idea what is causing it??? im about to pull the motor back out and tear it apart and put in a new balanced crank
Old 07-20-2012, 08:27 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by kren7604
just broke another bolt..tourqued it to the required torque specs and used red locktite, this was the first time i was hard on it since i put in the new bolt 3 days ago.. dumped her in first an Boom break the ******* bolt.. any idea what is causing it??? im about to pull the motor back out and tear it apart and put in a new balanced crank
Heavy Foot/Rediculous Power = Fun times/Breaking things

lol, I honestly have no idea man.
Old 07-21-2012, 08:38 AM
TECH Resident

Sounds like you are getting some lateral movement on the crank. Your thrust bushings which are apart of your main bearings might have some play.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:45 PM
Staging Lane

So my truck is having clutch problems again. I'll post the problems in a thread in the drivetrain area.
But I would like to know what all I would need for a T-56 swap.
The transmission itself, the front shift kit, a new driveshaft. What about all the wiring? And the crossmember? Will I be able to use the stock one..?
Old 07-23-2012, 09:17 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by DefToi
So my truck is having clutch problems again. I'll post the problems in a thread in the drivetrain area.
But I would like to know what all I would need for a T-56 swap.
The transmission itself, the front shift kit, a new driveshaft. What about all the wiring? And the crossmember? Will I be able to use the stock one..?
You can reuse the cross member, the reverse and vss are the same plugs as what is in the truck. You'll need a boot for your shifter hole, and a piece of sheet metal to cover the old shifter hole.

Quick Reply: Regency RST Complete Write-Up Info