Notices
Silverado SS, Joe Gibbs Editions, SSR Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |Engine | Body | News

Regency RST Complete Write-Up Info

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 11:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 06RSTMAN
My RST came with a Michelin tire. The rim is aluminum and is 18". R04RRST if all you have is a black steel wheel it sounds like someone may have done the the ole' switch aroo. All RSTs came with 18" aluminum spares.
hmm, i can swear when i got a flat, my spare is a full 20" steelie... didnt have to pull the caliper covers or anything, and the wheel/tire was the exact same size, just black... lol BARELY fits under the truck.
Old 12-20-2007, 04:16 AM
formerly 2004RST (changed 11/19/2012)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

alright...i've had my truck bout a year now & i was just reading through a majority of this thread...couldn't get all the way thru it's 5:00 am here and i'm tired...but anyway...i've seen the t-56 swap in our trucks with the 4.8...IMO the JBA's sound great but power is lacking...they should have put a better clutch in the truck...they should have had them all come with posi...and as far as the pitting on the wheels...at least now i know what it is...it's been there & my warranty just ran out in september...so with that said...my truck is an 04 Sierra RST don't have the bowtie on the front =/ but it's okay i've still got everything else..and the brakes ARE BAER at least on the 04's b/c my caliper cover is from baer & i have eradispeed wheel spacers so i would imagine they didn't cheap out on the rotors....next topic...the rollpan...great looking rollpan IMO they should have put the SS front bumper on these trucks simply because it would have matched front to back but it's okay because Street Scene makes them...as far as my truck I don't have too many things besides what the factory did. I have tinted the windows, put new JBL Power Series speakers and i painted the coil pack mounting brackets red...which also IMO is a great simple little mod that if you guys have the time i suggest doing because it's easy & it makes a HUGE difference in looks...n2m it adds like 80 hp hahaha j/k but you guys got it...if you wanna check out my truck just go here: http://chevytruckworld.tenmagazines....y.asp?id=10634

i actually do have a question rather than an answer...i'm looking to get rid of the 4.8...i'm sick of getting burnt by lightnings...now i want an LS2...that's right an LS2 not a LQ9...besides mounts, ECM, & harness i'm not gonna be throwing anything else off right? just gotta find the correct angle to mount it at & throw new mounts on i would imagine? if i'm wrong corrections are welcomed with open arms! thanks guys!
Old 12-20-2007, 05:50 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 2004RST
i actually do have a question rather than an answer...i'm looking to get rid of the 4.8...i'm sick of getting burnt by lightnings...now i want an LS2...that's right an LS2 not a LQ9...besides mounts, ECM, & harness i'm not gonna be throwing anything else off right? just gotta find the correct angle to mount it at & throw new mounts on i would imagine? if i'm wrong corrections are welcomed with open arms! thanks guys!
the ls2(alumnium version of the lq9) is should use the same mount. i think the harness is alittle different between the two motors, but if i remember correctly all you need are some harness extenders for a few sensors. i believe you can use the stock truck vcm to work everything on the ls2. if you could find a ls2/t56 out of a gto that would be the best setup. the t56 out of a gto has a better gear ratio for first and second. basically more umf out of the hole without changing the gears in the rear end. im gonna have to go up to a 3.90 or a 4.10 i think. the idea t56 would be one out of a zo6, cuz you can buy different size first and second gear but keep a long fifth and sixth gear. doin that would basically make your first and second gear like you have a 4.56 in the rear and then your 3.73 in fifth and sixth. hope i didnt confuse anyone, lol.
Old 12-20-2007, 07:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

i dont need no stinkin spare......lol

didnt get one with my truck, just got the jack and such.
Old 12-20-2007, 09:19 AM
Launching!

Took my wheel off, it looked like *** under the truck it stuck out beyond the roll pan lol thats why i have triple A haha
Old 12-20-2007, 10:55 AM

thanks for the quick answer red & i still have the original spare goodyear eagle...16" rim hah
Old 12-20-2007, 12:09 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 2004RST
thanks for the quick answer red & i still have the original spare goodyear eagle...16" rim hah
you should be able to take that back to a regency dealship and get it swapped for a 17" if you want. you would just have to tell the dealer to call regency. it was like a mini recall just between regency and the dealerships that sell regencys.

yeah tyler, when i put in my eaton lsd i had to take the tire down. well it was a good thing i had to cuz the winch for the tire was jacked up. when the dealer swapped my spare out they must have run the winch up too far and it hung up on the bracket that goes throught the center of the wheel. i had to unbolt it and cut it off of the spare. thank god i wasnt on the side of the road with a flat. now the spare just kicks round the bed of the truck.
Old 12-20-2007, 12:15 PM

nah trucks out of warranty & i'm the 2nd owner n2m there's no regency dealerships around here
Old 12-20-2007, 04:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

im going to do a motor swap in the next few years but this is my DD, so if i need to beat up on lightings, ill have to go home and pick up one of the 'maros LOL
Old 12-20-2007, 06:18 PM
TECH Resident

boog it is so easy to do a motor swap on these truck. itll make a motor swap in your 78 look like a huge chore. lol i could have had the t56 and motor in, in a weekend, but i took it real slow so i didnt miss anything. and the best part was everything lined up so nice and purdy. didnt have to monkey with . lol

Quick Reply: Regency RST Complete Write-Up Info