Notices
Silverado SS, Joe Gibbs Editions, SSR Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |Engine | Body | News

Regency RST Complete Write-Up Info

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 01:45 AM
formerly 2004RST (changed 11/19/2012)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LS3-T...spagenameZWDVW

alright so that's my plan for the RST & i'm gonna end up doin the center console...what's a good rear-end to throw in the truck w/ that set-up? i'm needin a posi bad
Old 12-21-2007, 05:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cool, thanks red!

ive done "several" motor swaps with the 78, of course a bigger motor each time lol

ive messed with the LS1 quite a bit also, so this motor is almost like working on the wifes LS1, which i do have a little experience with

2004~~that looks like a hell of a drivetrain for the RST
im not looking to throw that much money at it yet, let me know how the swap goes
Old 12-21-2007, 05:46 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by booger78z28
cool, thanks red!

ive done "several" motor swaps with the 78, of course a bigger motor each time lol

ive messed with the LS1 quite a bit also, so this motor is almost like working on the wifes LS1, which i do have a little experience with
pretty much everything that applies to the ls1 applies to the motor in your truck. as far as the swap you do it just like you would on your 78. if you try to pull the motor and trans together youll have a hell of a fight on your hands. i oppted to drop the trans first and then pulled the motor. it was only after i was putting the 6.0 in that i noticed the removable cross member under the motor. i took it out and it gave me almost another 8" of play around the oil pan. because of the fact that i didnt remove this when takin the lr4 out i banged up the firewall a lil. but you cant see it with the motor in. and i also had to spin the motor 90* to the right to get it out. so the motor came out looking like i was workin on a fwd. lol. as far as a place to hook the cherry picker up to, there wasnt many options, so i made my own brackets that i bolted to the driver front and pass. rear sides of the heads. a gm mechanic that i know told me thats how they do it. and i also pull the intake for more room between the top of the motor and the firewall. may not be a necessity though.
Old 12-21-2007, 05:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

thanks for the pointers, im sure when the time comes, i'll be asking alot of questions

On the 78, ive left the tranny on it, 4 different times, wasnt bad at all (lots of room also). its alot easier attaching the tranny to the motor OUT of the car LOL

i have yet to do a LS motor swap, looking forward to it though
Old 12-21-2007, 05:42 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 2004RST
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LS3-T...spagenameZWDVW

alright so that's my plan for the RST & i'm gonna end up doin the center console...what's a good rear-end to throw in the truck w/ that set-up? i'm needin a posi bad
thats the guy i bought my t56 off of. he is a good guy. i called him probably a dozen times to ask questions and he helped me everytime i called.

as far as your posi.... there are a couple you can run. you can run a true trac, an auburn, or a eaton lsd. im runnin the eaton and love it. havent had a hick up or anything out of it, and dont hear too many problems with them on here either.
Old 12-22-2007, 01:50 AM
formerly 2004RST (changed 11/19/2012)

Originally Posted by RED04REGENCYRST
thats the guy i bought my t56 off of. he is a good guy. i called him probably a dozen times to ask questions and he helped me everytime i called.

as far as your posi.... there are a couple you can run. you can run a true trac, an auburn, or a eaton lsd. im runnin the eaton and love it. havent had a hick up or anything out of it, and dont hear too many problems with them on here either.
good to kno he's not a scammer...so how do u think the ls3 will run in the rst lol i can't wait talked to a guy around here he siad he'll throw everything in for less than 1k$ i figure that's not bad & i dont have to get dirty
Old 12-22-2007, 08:41 AM
Launching!

Yeah thats a good deal 2K4! ^^^^^^^^
Old 12-23-2007, 04:49 PM
Launching!

Anyone elses rotors rusting in the grooves and holes? I drive mine daily too, its not like it has time to sit?
Old 12-23-2007, 07:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

not mine yet!
Old 12-23-2007, 07:22 PM
TECH Resident

mine has. but it doesnt affect the way they work. just kind of looks bad up close.

Quick Reply: Regency RST Complete Write-Up Info