Notices
Silverado SS, Joe Gibbs Editions, SSR Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |Engine | Body | News

Regency RST Complete Write-Up Info

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 08:02 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah mine look bad I hate it!! Looks like im headed to the chevy dealership next week...how fun thats gonna be ive already called and they claim they dont deal with regency lol
Old 12-24-2007, 02:13 AM
formerly 2004RST (changed 11/19/2012)

as long as they are a chevy dealership YES they deal w/ regency my dealership where i bought the truck said the same damn thing but you can make them deal w/ regency tell them to put regency on as a billing customer or some **** you have 2 call regency & get all the information from their parts department i hate that ****...it's really messed up just tell them if they won't help you then ur gonna go to some other chevy dealership that's close to where you live...they'll hurry up & get them on billing b/c they want
a. you as a customer
b. to get paid for repairs
c. you to come back for service
Old 12-24-2007, 11:25 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2004RST
as long as they are a chevy dealership YES they deal w/ regency my dealership where i bought the truck said the same damn thing but you can make them deal w/ regency tell them to put regency on as a billing customer or some **** you have 2 call regency & get all the information from their parts department i hate that ****...it's really messed up just tell them if they won't help you then ur gonna go to some other chevy dealership that's close to where you live...they'll hurry up & get them on billing b/c they want
a. you as a customer
b. to get paid for repairs
c. you to come back for service
but they may not do anything because the rust is not effecting the performance of the rotors. so they might say it is cosmetic and not do anything for you. not sayin thats right, but you know how stealerships work.
Old 12-24-2007, 01:03 PM
Teching In

The motor in my Regency is the 4.8 with the 5 speed trans. Is this motor a Generation 3 LS 1? If not, what classification is the motor? If changed to the 5.3, could the same clutch, bellhousing be used? I see that GM performance parts has a 5.3 with additional HP for about 3 thousand. Thank you.
Merry Christmas to all!!
Plumber 1
Old 12-24-2007, 06:29 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Plumber 1
The motor in my Regency is the 4.8 with the 5 speed trans. Is this motor a Generation 3 LS 1? If not, what classification is the motor? If changed to the 5.3, could the same clutch, bellhousing be used? I see that GM performance parts has a 5.3 with additional HP for about 3 thousand. Thank you.
Merry Christmas to all!!
Plumber 1
it is not classified as an LS1, but it is a gen 3 motor. LS1 parts fit it/in it/on it... certain ones take more modification than others, but others bolt on/slide in/etc etc.
Old 12-24-2007, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by NyteSnyper
it is not classified as an LS1, but it is a gen 3 motor. LS1 parts fit it/in it/on it... certain ones take more modification than others, but others bolt on/slide in/etc etc.
true but you don't want to change the intake...keep the truck intake...like if u wanted to switch to the F.A.S.T. LSX intake it would probably slow your truck down...so you're better off doing little things like cam and whatnot but they do make enough parts for the 4.8, 5.3, & 6.0 that you should actually be kinda set...unless ur trying to just make it a race truck...which in turn you probably shouldn't have chosen a Regency lol
Old 12-24-2007, 11:18 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Plumber 1
If changed to the 5.3, could the same clutch, bellhousing be used? I see that GM performance parts has a 5.3 with additional HP for about 3 thousand. Thank you.
Merry Christmas to all!!
Plumber 1
just so you know for that kind of cash you could go to a 6.0L. which would out perform the 5.3L. i bought my motor from a guy on ebay, it was a gm surplus motor with 0 miles on it and i got it for $2500 shipped to me. but that is my perfrance. but if you were gonna spend the money thats where i would put it. the 6.0L is a direct replacement for the 4.8L or the 5.3L. but yes the clutch will bolt to the 5.3L or the 6.0L as long as it is newer than a 2001 i believe.

true but you don't want to change the intake...keep the truck intake...like if u wanted to switch to the F.A.S.T. LSX intake it would probably slow your truck down...so you're better off doing little things like cam and whatnot but they do make enough parts for the 4.8, 5.3, & 6.0 that you should actually be kinda set...unless ur trying to just make it a race truck...which in turn you probably shouldn't have chosen a Regency lol
the truck intake is set up for low end torque, not speed. but the truck intake doesnt flow properly from 4500rpm +. so with a manual truck i personally like to turn the motor to almost the max before shifting so that i can keep the motor in the cam's power range. but when the truck was on the dyno i found out that my intake looses flow at about 5800rpms. so the next upgrades i plan on are intake, TB, heads and injectors. with the stock 22# injectors at WOT and 5800rpms my IDC was 102%. so i have to upgrade those to keep from jackin some up. now the advantage we manual guys have over the automatics is our gear ratios give us better use of our torque. so if you were to swap to another intake like a fast or a ls6 intake. it may hurt you on the bottom end alittle but if you have a 6.0L, it will be almost un-noticible from what i understand. my plan for an intake upgrade is to go to the L92 intake and atleast the L92 heads if not something better. the L92 intake has a 90mm TB on it and has the best of both worlds from what i understand. it has the truck intake's bottom end torque and the ls6 intake's high flow in the top end. but from what i understand most of the guys that are running fast or ls6 intakes are makin big power and have enough motor to make up for any torque loses that the intake gave them. i would say if your gonna leave it a DD you would want to stay with the truck intake, but if you want a beast or something for the quarter you should do some research on other intakes for high rpm flow. take into mind that in order to swap to a ls6 intake you will have to change your water pump to the new L92 water pump, because of the upper output is in the way of the TB. and you will have to run the ls6 injector and the injector pigtails. the plugs are different between the truck injectors and the ls6 injectors. the opening where the injectors mount in the intake is different size between the two intakes. the mounting height is different between the two also.

merry christmas to all.
Old 12-25-2007, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by RED04REGENCYRST
just so you know for that kind of cash you could go to a 6.0L. which would out perform the 5.3L. i bought my motor from a guy on ebay, it was a gm surplus motor with 0 miles on it and i got it for $2500 shipped to me. but that is my perfrance. but if you were gonna spend the money thats where i would put it. the 6.0L is a direct replacement for the 4.8L or the 5.3L. but yes the clutch will bolt to the 5.3L or the 6.0L as long as it is newer than a 2001 i believe.

the truck intake is set up for low end torque, not speed. but the truck intake doesnt flow properly from 4500rpm +. so with a manual truck i personally like to turn the motor to almost the max before shifting so that i can keep the motor in the cam's power range. but when the truck was on the dyno i found out that my intake looses flow at about 5800rpms. so the next upgrades i plan on are intake, TB, heads and injectors. with the stock 22# injectors at WOT and 5800rpms my IDC was 102%. so i have to upgrade those to keep from jackin some up. now the advantage we manual guys have over the automatics is our gear ratios give us better use of our torque. so if you were to swap to another intake like a fast or a ls6 intake. it may hurt you on the bottom end alittle but if you have a 6.0L, it will be almost un-noticible from what i understand. my plan for an intake upgrade is to go to the L92 intake and atleast the L92 heads if not something better. the L92 intake has a 90mm TB on it and has the best of both worlds from what i understand. it has the truck intake's bottom end torque and the ls6 intake's high flow in the top end. but from what i understand most of the guys that are running fast or ls6 intakes are makin big power and have enough motor to make up for any torque loses that the intake gave them. i would say if your gonna leave it a DD you would want to stay with the truck intake, but if you want a beast or something for the quarter you should do some research on other intakes for high rpm flow. take into mind that in order to swap to a ls6 intake you will have to change your water pump to the new L92 water pump, because of the upper output is in the way of the TB. and you will have to run the ls6 injector and the injector pigtails. the plugs are different between the truck injectors and the ls6 injectors. the opening where the injectors mount in the intake is different size between the two intakes. the mounting height is different between the two also.

merry christmas to all.
yep tis true sadly enough...but if you're gonna go through with paying for the damn heads you might as well spend the extra 500-ish and get the ls6 or fast intake & if you get the ls6 from a junkyard or somethin i'm sure you can get the full set, intake...injectors...and if you're able to talk to people i'm sure you can get the TB also hahaha...just rob em blind...they don't care lol but really that set up...ls6 intake w/ l92 or better heads would be a pretty sweet mod...Red what do you figure on a dyno for somethin like that? maybe 350ish at wheels?

merry christmas

Last edited by OneQwikSS; 12-25-2007 at 12:21 AM.
Old 12-25-2007, 12:55 AM
TECH Resident

yep tis true sadly enough...but if you're gonna go through with paying for the damn heads you might as well spend the extra 500-ish and get the ls6 or fast intake & if you get the ls6 from a junkyard or somethin i'm sure you can get the full set, intake...injectors...and if you're able to talk to people i'm sure you can get the TB also hahaha...just rob em blind...they don't care lol but really that set up...ls6 intake w/ l92 or better heads would be a pretty sweet mod...Red what do you figure on a dyno for somethin like that? maybe 350ish at wheels?

merry christmas
i have a 6.0 cammed with cai and full exhaust, and i put down 365hp and 380ftlbs at the rear wheels. check my sig for more info.
Old 12-25-2007, 11:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

red good ifo.

Merry Christmas guys!

Quick Reply: Regency RST Complete Write-Up Info