Notices
Silverado SS, Joe Gibbs Editions, SSR Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |Engine | Body | News

Regency RST Complete Write-Up Info

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 09:05 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

horsepower and bass! what more do you need? lol. im slowly workin on my tunes. i miss my subs big time. did you say that probox fit 12's????
Old 01-14-2008, 09:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

yep red, the probox is made for a RC 99-04 and fits 2 - 12's, i got rockford P1's in there now.

Old 01-14-2008, 10:13 PM
TECH Resident

damn nice. im a fan of JL myself. i use to install car audio and alarm professionally back when i live in mass. i still get to do it once in awhile but not a whole lot anymore.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:07 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow this threads been dead for a few days thats a record! Well my trucks been sitting for 23 days now in the garage, battery died, and when i jumped it it said "service brake system" I havent driven it or started it since though...could it just be from sitting and having a dead battery?
Old 01-20-2008, 12:12 PM
TECH Resident

if you take it for a short drive it should be okay. if i am right the pressure in the abs system might have bled down and so the system thinks there is a problem. the last time i had my truck display that was when i was driving and blew the pcv valve out of the valve cover. of course i dont think it was sitting in there all the way at the time either. lol
Old 01-20-2008, 01:12 PM
Launching!

Thanks Red..we shall see what happens
Old 01-20-2008, 02:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

hope it isnt any thing major tyler.......i got about 10 andbags in the back of mine sliding around in the snow(lol) if it makes ya feel better....

im starting to see my wheels pitting now also after my last clean up......quess i didnt get the cermaics on fast enough.... might be all the salt of the road also.

BTW has anybody had any problems with they're foglamps or swith problem? mine do not work and was told it is a problem from the factory(switch keeps burning out ????)))
Old 01-20-2008, 03:33 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by booger78z28
hope it isnt any thing major tyler.......i got about 10 andbags in the back of mine sliding around in the snow(lol) if it makes ya feel better....

im starting to see my wheels pitting now also after my last clean up......quess i didnt get the cermaics on fast enough.... might be all the salt of the road also.

BTW has anybody had any problems with they're foglamps or swith problem? mine do not work and was told it is a problem from the factory(switch keeps burning out ????)))
Boog-are you still under warranty? Regency installs those- they have a relay located in-line with the switch wiring, if you pull the dash panel off under the steering wheel you will locate it, it says regency right on it.Try replacing that, or just test the wires for being live too...chase the wires through the firewall...and under the dash leading to the switch.
Old 01-20-2008, 04:16 PM
TECH Resident

sandbags what are those???? lol i have been drivin all winter with out any extra wieght in the truck. must be the tires. i dont know.

sucks man. i dont think it is the salt i had a set go bad in the middle of summer. they never saw winter. so i dont know on that either.

check the switch. i melted three switches before i just took it out and made my own harness. now my fog lights come on whenever my headlilghts and i set it up so that when i turn my high beams on the fogs stay on.
Old 01-20-2008, 06:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

tyler truck has 40k on it now, out of warrenty.

if i didnt have the sandbags i wouldnt go anywhere, too light of a rearend, i quess(i got hankooks on there)
red, ill look at the switch when it gets warmer.

Quick Reply: Regency RST Complete Write-Up Info