Notices
Silverado SS, Joe Gibbs Editions, SSR Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |Engine | Body | News

Regency RST Complete Write-Up Info

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 07:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wanted to buy one of those boxes but i couldn't find anywhere online that sells them.
Old 01-23-2008, 10:08 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by chevydudesixty9
Quick Questions guys...

Do all of your trucks come with the 265-50-20's and do any of yours come with Baer Brakes?

Some of you say its SSBC but my buddy just got an 04 with Baer and 275-45-20's.... Owner says its all original....
i am the orginal owner of my regency, and it came with the baer brakes and the 275-45-20 goodyear eagle gtII.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:52 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by RED04REGENCYRST
i am the orginal owner of my regency, and it came with the baer brakes and the 275-45-20 goodyear eagle gtII.
Cool then... I guess it just depends on how the dealer orders them because his has Good Year but its not the GTII...

But tell me more about this brake cover.... Is this something I could throw on mine?
Old 01-24-2008, 07:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

regency here is the box, http://www.audioallies.com/GetItem.asp?Item=99CRC212

jerry look at your calipers and there should be little screw holes on the top ,side and the bottom for the covers, if not you cant use them unless you tapsome some hole in them to attach to the caliper

Last edited by booger78z28; 01-24-2008 at 07:34 AM.
Old 01-25-2008, 05:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

OK, New topic................

How many Non-Modded RST are on here?
sorry modded ones

if i keep driving my bone-stock, non-modded daily driver, like its stolen every day,(like my 78z) what am i going to have replace first?

....as in major parts, not clutches ,brakes and stuff like that.
meaning rear-end, tranny, any head problems known, etc....

are these trucks MADE to drive them , like I want to? lol
Old 01-25-2008, 06:10 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by booger78z28
OK, New topic................

How many Non-Modded RST are on here?
sorry modded ones

if i keep driving my bone-stock, non-modded daily driver, like its stolen every day,(like my 78z) what am i going to have replace first?

....as in major parts, not clutches ,brakes and stuff like that.
meaning rear-end, tranny, any head problems known, etc....

are these trucks MADE to drive them , like I want to? lol
well, depends on exactly HOW mean you are to it i would say. but from my experience; i beat the everloving crap out of my truck while it was stock, and also once i put the cam/headers and the clutch was definately on its last 10k miles. if i were to say anything would go first, id prolly say the clutch would be #1 or very close to the top... now, if you rev it to the moon constantly or downshift alot and bounce it off the limiter, id go with some kind of spring failure/upper end type stuff... just my opinions, though.
Old 01-25-2008, 06:45 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 for the clutch, mines on its way out at 29K HAMMER DOWN! lol
Old 01-25-2008, 07:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

tyler im right at 40k, probably clutch first, i dont really peel out in 1st, i getting moving first and then hit 2nd hard, but in the first 3-4 gears im always around 5k shifting. dont bouce of the limiter too often lol. just mainly in first, the others i dont.

im planning a LS? swap in the next 3-4 years, but just driving the **** out of this one while i can...

oh and on the 6.0 swap with the 6 speed, is the console removal nessary?
if so i would have to swap an auto in it, i have a family of 3 , and cant use a 2 seater for a daily dtiver

STRIPES?

anybody else sripes cracking? it wasnt like that when i bought the truck on halloween, but now with all this cold weather and crap, i noticed cracks in the sticker going all the way down the hood, on both stripes WTF?

do they sell stripe kits or just say *** it and have them painted on later....?

Last edited by booger78z28; 01-25-2008 at 07:50 PM.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:10 PM
TECH Resident

oh and on the 6.0 swap with the 6 speed, is the console removal nessary?
if so i would have to swap an auto in it, i have a family of 3 , and cant use a 2 seater for a daily dtiver
i lost the rear end in mine while it was stock. and one of two things will have to happen. either youll have to pull the jump seat for the t56 or youll have to do the console.

STRIPES?

anybody else sripes cracking? it wasnt like that when i bought the truck on halloween, but now with all this cold weather and crap, i noticed cracks in the sticker going all the way down the hood, on both stripes WTF?

do they sell stripe kits or just say *** it and have them painted on later....?

thats why mine doesnt have the stripes on it right now. the vinyl went to **** so i peeled them off myself. i got a new set in the box from regency before my warranty went out. gonna use to give to a body shop to paint them on. but im not gonna stick them back on.
Old 01-25-2008, 09:06 PM
On The Tree

yeah, my stripes started peeling within a year or so of having the truck. they gave me a battle from hell to get them to cover them under warranty because mine was apparently the second time they'd heard of any kind of stripe issues. had them send me a whole new set, i put them on myself and havent had an issue with them since. i used to do paint work and was gonna paint them on, but decided against it. ill prolly just get a local vinyl shop around here to make me up another set and do it that way again when i go to repaint my truck a few years down the road.

Quick Reply: Regency RST Complete Write-Up Info