Notices
Silverado SS, Joe Gibbs Editions, SSR Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |Engine | Body | News

Regency RST Complete Write-Up Info

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 07:49 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yo tyler! hey man why so quiet and secretive?????? drop us a line. let us know whats up.
Old 03-05-2008, 07:21 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by booger78z28
i know levi is wanting to buy mine back..... , but im not doing it
He can have mine Boog!
Old 03-05-2008, 09:11 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah guys parting it out. Hit some serious financial issues, and just need to prioritize. Being only 21 with almost a 500 dollar a month payment isnt practical for me right now...I need to save that for a mortgage and other things, its rusty old beater time!
Old 03-05-2008, 09:16 PM
TECH Resident

damn, sorry to hear that tyler. best of luck to your man.
Old 03-06-2008, 10:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RED04REGENCYRST
damn, sorry to hear that tyler. best of luck to your man.
yes, best of luck indeed. It's nice to have a sweet vehicle, but an almost $500/month payment is not necessary at all.
Old 03-06-2008, 11:26 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SBTork
yes, best of luck indeed. It's nice to have a sweet vehicle, but an almost $500/month payment is not necessary at all.

AAAAMEN!!!
Old 03-06-2008, 10:25 PM
Teching In

Hey, Quick question for you guys, since i know some of you have done the T56 swap in your trucks... I bought a T56 from an 02 camaro, and bellhousing... I took my old NV3500 Tranny out, and then proceeded to take my truck and tranny to AAMCO, to have them install it, because i didn't feel like laying on my back without the right tools having a hell of a time getting it in, when i could just pay them to do it for a couple hundred bucks... To go on though, my question is The bellhousing from the T56 Tranny out of the 02 camaro and the one from mine should be exactly the same right? There both LS1 base motors... the guy at AAMCO is trying to tell me the starter is in a different position, and that one of the bolts might be in a different place... He's had my truck for TWO WEEKS, and nothing has really happened... I bought the Kiesler kit to move the shift place from the tail housing to the center hole, he put that in, then said they did it wrong, and some of the parts have to be machined.... I haven't been down there yet, but am going to go down there tomorrow, and try and stay as calm as possible, but i'm really ticked about this... I know me and my brother could have had it back in by now.... sure we would have been up till 2 or 3 in the morning, rolling around on our backs in our garage with the truck up on jacks, but at least we would have gotten it done..... AND to top it off, the guy says they have done a couple of these before... WHAT's the Deal? (just needed to rant and rave a little thanks) SO what's the facts though? is the starter in a different place between the camaro(ls1) and my ls1 based motor? Thanks for your help
Old 03-06-2008, 10:48 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BSridenguy
my question is The bellhousing from the T56 Tranny out of the 02 camaro and the one from mine should be exactly the same right?
yea, the housings are the same. my t56 is for a 02 camaro

the guy at AAMCO is trying to tell me the starter is in a different position, and that one of the bolts might be in a different place...
again i bolted a t56 to a 6.0 which is the same block as your 4.8 and the starter went right back into its original spot no problem. the fbody starter might be different than the truck starter, but i not 100% on that.

I bought the Kiesler kit to move the shift place from the tail housing to the center hole, he put that in, then said they did it wrong, and some of the parts have to be machined....
sorry i dont know anything bout this kit. but i do believe i heard somewhere on here that the relocator kit still doesnt get the shifter to the stock 5-speed hole. im not 100% though.

SO what's the facts though? is the starter in a different place between the camaro(ls1) and my ls1 based motor? Thanks for your help

sounds like alot of BS on his part. i had never done a tranny or engine swap on my own before i did mine and my t56 damn near dropped right in. so did the motor.
Old 03-06-2008, 10:54 PM
Teching In

Ya, see thats what i thought the whole time, was that it should drop right in, and i didn't want to do it, just for the simple fact that when i called around, they said they could do it in a couple days, and if i took it out, they would put it in and do everthing for like 200 bucks, and i already had all of the parts clutch, tranny pilot bearing, throw out bearing, fluids.... Everything..i brought it in there, with the old tranny, and all the bolts and stuff in the bed.... All the bolts were in bags, and labeled and all orgainized, and he was like wow... And i was all, ya thats the way your supppose to do it..... As for the kiesler thing, i'm going to call them tomorrow morning.... and yes i know it doesn't get me in the right place, but it gets me a heck of alot closer... Thanks for the help though....
Old 03-06-2008, 10:58 PM
TECH Resident

yeah, no problem man. just to give you a time frame i did mine flat of my back and had it laid out and the hole cut and installed within a day and a half. i started on it on a sat and was done on sunday afternoon.

Quick Reply: Regency RST Complete Write-Up Info