Notices
Silverado SS, Joe Gibbs Editions, SSR Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |Engine | Body | News

Regency RST Complete Write-Up Info

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 04:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nojpsht04rst
the overlay for the cluster is about $200 i got a price on a replacement when i had the new cluster done. you would be better off either buying an aftermarket overlay or try to find an RST cluster for sale.
I'd like to just get the overlay. I would go aftermarket, but I don't know who does them for our trucks with a manual transmission.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:55 PM
On The Tree

US Speedo?
Old 07-24-2008, 11:41 AM
formerly 2004RST (changed 11/19/2012)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NyteSnyper
US Speedo?
as a matter of fact i'm almost positive us speedo makes ours because when i had trouble with my tach i had to send my cluster up to flynt, michigan which i believe thats where us speedo is out of michigan...they make some awesome looking clusters really
Old 07-24-2008, 06:10 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 2004RST
as a matter of fact i'm almost positive us speedo makes ours because when i had trouble with my tach i had to send my cluster up to flynt, michigan which i believe thats where us speedo is out of michigan...they make some awesome looking clusters really
Who did you go through to fix your speedo. I mean the dealership or Regency? Mine has a messed up speedo. It isnt working correctly. I figured I was screwed since its out of warranty but there is a GM bulletin on the clusters up to 70K miles I believe?
Old 07-25-2008, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by a98ws6
Who did you go through to fix your speedo. I mean the dealership or Regency? Mine has a messed up speedo. It isnt working correctly. I figured I was screwed since its out of warranty but there is a GM bulletin on the clusters up to 70K miles I believe?

i didn't even know about that i had like 35857 when i went & i was like **** i barely made it...but i went back to the dealership that i had bought the truck from they just billed a regency dealership for the time and shipping and all that...but yeah it was Register Chevrolet in Brooksville, FL...they weren't even a Regency dealer before they met me lol
Old 07-25-2008, 09:05 PM
Launching!

I had the problem with my speedo. I went to my local chevy dealer and they refused to work on my truck because it was a regency. The local regency dealer said they would have to send my cluster out and it would take at least 2-3 weeks for the repair. The said the truck had to stay with them (i couldnt just bring them the cluster), which meant my truck would be in the back of there shop, outside for 3 weeks in winter. I ended up pulling the cluster myself, soddering new stepper motors and lights (that were burnt out) myself.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2004RST
I may just have to give them a call, thanks
Old 07-26-2008, 08:28 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 04RST
I had the problem with my speedo. I went to my local chevy dealer and they refused to work on my truck because it was a regency. The local regency dealer said they would have to send my cluster out and it would take at least 2-3 weeks for the repair. The said the truck had to stay with them (i couldnt just bring them the cluster), which meant my truck would be in the back of there shop, outside for 3 weeks in winter. I ended up pulling the cluster myself, soddering new stepper motors and lights (that were burnt out) myself.
See, thats what im afraid of! How bad was the stepper motor install?
Old 07-26-2008, 09:16 PM
Launching!

Its not too bad, Just dont break any lights in the process. Everything is soddered...use a sodder sucker to remove the sodder. The biggest challenge is realigning the needles. Make sure you mark the needle positions b4 u remove them.
Old 07-27-2008, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by 04RST
Its not too bad, Just dont break any lights in the process. Everything is soddered...use a sodder sucker to remove the sodder. The biggest challenge is realigning the needles. Make sure you mark the needle positions b4 u remove them.
but if your gonna take the needles off & you have to go through all that check us speedo.com has needles that are red with satin or black hubs that're pretty sexy for $50

04RST where on long island do you live? the pics through your signature look like the hempstead turnpike & the other one looks like your about to pass the exit for seaford....my fiancee lives in levittown & i'm about to move up there within the year

Quick Reply: Regency RST Complete Write-Up Info